Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Shot for the stars, landed in the dumpster. 

Ben Davis didn't teach him better than that? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I wondered why the Colts passed 3 different times lol.. makes sense now. I'll take Freeland anyways.

Eli Drinkwitz parleyed 1 year at App St into an SEC job and then a 3-year record of 17-19 into not 1, but 2, extensions with raises. The dripping self-righteousness of some coaches on this stuff will never cease to astound me. 

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

Eli Drinkwitz parleyed 1 year at App St into an SEC job and then a 3-year record of 17-19 into not 1, but 2, extensions with raises. The dripping self-righteousness of some coaches on this stuff will never cease to astound me. 

And purely my opinion, but Eli Drinkwitz is a dumb-@$$ name that he fits visually:

Eliah Drinkwitz's "Cheap Shot" vs Hogs Keeps Stirring the ...

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And purely my opinion, but Eli Drinkwitz is a dumb-@$$ name that he fits visually:

Eliah Drinkwitz's "Cheap Shot" vs Hogs Keeps Stirring the ...

1 thing on Drink: his agent managed to create a panic in the Mizzou athletic department by somehow convincing them of the transparently laughable idea that he was in play for the LSU gig, resulting in a 2 mil/yr raise and 2 extra years. That guy did his freaking job. Drink, not so much.

9 minutes ago, Demo said:

1 thing on Drink: his agent managed to create a panic in the Mizzou athletic department by somehow convincing them of the transparently laughable idea that he was in play for the LSU gig, resulting in a 2 mil/yr raise and 2 extra years. That guy did his freaking job. Drink, not so much.

His face screams “cheats at golf.”

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Pretty friggin’ important day for IU football. 

If it's IU Football-style news, our new conference opponents will be mandatory nine annual games consisting of mandatory triple plays against Penn State, Michigan, and OSU. 

To make it 'fair' our opponents will wear helmets and we will be banned from helmet usage.

43 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If it's IU Football-style news, our new conference opponents will be mandatory nine annual games consisting of mandatory triple plays against Penn State, Michigan, and OSU. 

To make it 'fair' our opponents will wear helmets and we will be banned from helmet usage.

You forgot the fact we'll have back-to-back road games on Fridays and Saturdays.

45 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You forgot the fact we'll have back-to-back road games on Fridays and Saturdays.

Lets make it fun. At USC Friday night followed by a Noon kick at Michigan.

And BTN isn't even hiding that Gene Smith is the real B1G commish with this announcement.

The B1G probably spent more time naming the scheduling model 'Flex Protect Plus' than anything else. This is the way it should've been once the B1G ballooned to 14 schools save for going back to 8 conference games. Keep one rivalry protected and rotate the other 14 schools every other year for the other 7 games.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Loving this. Get to see different teams more often, see the buzzsaws less often.

Adding our non-cons, the schedule sets up pretty nicely the next 2 seasons to get back into the bowl conversation:

2024:

vs. FIU

@ Louisville

vs. Charlotte

2025:

vs. Old Dominion

vs. Louisville

vs. Indiana State