Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2022/11/23/michigan-state-paid-mel-tucker-football-bonus-earmarked-staff/10754481002/

Am I reading this right? The MSU AD had discretion to divvy up a 100k bonus among coaches and support staff in any way he chose and he just gave it all to Mel Tucker? And Tucker kept it? Jesus Christ

10 hours ago, Demo said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2022/11/23/michigan-state-paid-mel-tucker-football-bonus-earmarked-staff/10754481002/

Am I reading this right? The MSU AD had discretion to divvy up a 100k bonus among coaches and support staff in any way he chose and he just gave it all to Mel Tucker? And Tucker kept it? Jesus Christ

That's how I understand it. Building loyalty and goodwill with that staff! I predict in a few years we'll look back at Tucker as someone else that cashed in big on one really good season and then imploded. 

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

That's how I understand it. Building loyalty and goodwill with that staff! I predict in a few years we'll look back at Tucker as someone else that cashed in big on one really good season and then imploded. 

Saw a dude on Twitter argue that Tucker probably took it all and then split it up as gifts to the staff so he would be the one taxed for it. Nuts, but I guess tax fraud is laudable in some circles. 

13 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

If anyone wants to see what is usually a complete disaster of a football game between 2 programs and fanbases that truly loathe each other on a Cincy/Xavier scale, the Egg Bowl in a little bit is must see TV. 

yep, my kids are recent Ole Miss grads and they can't stand State. It's always a chippy game. Mike Leach does some great interviews.

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Iowa putting on a clinic on how to choke away their year. Can't wait to hear the praise for Purdue for winning the horrible Big Ten West and avoiding the big 2 on their schedule this year, 

If there was an example of how something could be shocking, but also unsurprising, this would be it. 

The Big Ten can't trash these dumb divisions soon enough. 

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Iowa putting on a clinic on how to choke away their year. Can't wait to hear the praise for Purdue for winning the horrible Big Ten West and avoiding the big 2 on their schedule this year, 

Da da da!!! Have no fear, Nebraska is here!

7 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Wow, that's some camera work that wouldn't fly in a high school game.

High school level officiating the last few plays, too. 

1) That was a catch, and 

2) Refs almost gave Nebraska a first down on the previous possession when they were a full yard to a yard and a half short of the sticks. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

If there was an example of how something could be shocking, but also unsurprising, this would be it. 

The Big Ten can't trash these dumb divisions soon enough. 

Yah. Also just do conference championship games like the Pac 12 does and have the top 2 in conference play. Watching top teams play each pther more than once is entertaining, I know crazy concept.