Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

On a pick-six, a Purdue kid high-stepped the last 15 or so yards into the end zone, so they took the TD away. 

PU got the ball way back, then didn't score -- missing a FG. I detest PU, so I kinda chuckled.

But that's a very lame rule. Penalize them on the kickoff if you have to, but don't take the score away.

Ridiculous 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

South Carolina threatening to knock Tennessee out of playoff contention. 

28-17 in the 2nd quarter.

I know people don't like it, but loser of Michigan/OSU has a legit argument for the playoffs if SC holds on. You can't put 2 loss teams in over them. And Clemson's resume sucks. They got blasted by ND. And all their "best" tests are against good, but extremely flawed teams. And UNC  lost today 

6 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I know people don't like it, but loser of Michigan/OSU has a legit argument for the playoffs if SC holds on. You can't put 2 loss teams in over them. And Clemson's resume sucks. They got blasted by ND. And all their "best" tests are against good, but extremely flawed teams. And UNC  lost today 

If the OSU/UM game is a banger, the loser should have a major argument with UT regardless. All 3 are really good teams, but UT has the disadvantage of having a curb stomping on their record. Clemson shouldn’t have a prayer, but they’ll get a bump from name recognition. Still don’t think they get in regardless though. And I hope/think UGA stomps LSU in the SEC title so we don’t have to watch playoff Brian Kelly.

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

If the OSU/UM game is a banger, the loser should have a major argument with UT regardless. All 3 are really good teams, but UT has the disadvantage of having a curb stomping on their record. Clemson shouldn’t have a prayer, but they’ll get a bump from name recognition. Still don’t think they get in regardless though. And I hope/think UGA stomps LSU in the SEC title so we don’t have to watch playoff Brian Kelly.

Yah if its a great game then they should. It essentially is, and has been for last year and this one, been the B1G title game. I just get concerned by the committee and their love for having 2 SEC schools and their weird love of Clemson playing in a bad conference. 

Off topic: People remember the Covid year when Dabo had OSU like 15th or something in his final coach rankongs? Then OSU beat the **** out of Clemson. It was one of the funnier things in recent CFB history. 

For 1 night Spencer Rattler is actually the Guy they spent 2 years trying to sell us  that he was at OU. Gonna cost the SEC that 2nd Playoff check.