Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Maybe. One plays Ohio State Penn State and Michigan State every year. 

The other plays northwestern Illinois Nebraska Purdue and mighty Iowa..

Boom. They were underperforming big time compared to their competition in the West. They sign Mertz who was touted as program-changing and he proceeds to party his way into getting his coach canned mid-season. They've been spiraling since Jack Tuttle went in there and beat them.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, IUc2016 said:

interesting. Not sure what in the world would cause me to agree to not be paid $5million that is owed to me. 

No kidding, it's not like his tenure was a trainwreck he had to skulk away from. Maybe if they let me finish the season, but getting fired in early October? Eff you cheeseheads, write the check! 

ETA:

"Going by this tweet, Chryst's getting the $11 mn now instead of over a number of years. Its speculated and its also my hunch that taking the lower amount means he doesn't have to seek a new job in order to get paid."

Ah, THAT makes more sense then. 

This is so bats**t insane that I don't even understand what it means. "Lack of recruiting department"? Imagine being like "oh yeah, we don't have anyone coaching our special teams. We just kinda roll the ball out there."

19 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Oklahoma is truly horrible at football. Going to the SEC is the worst thing imagineable. That program is gonna fade into obscurity 

They played Nebraska 2 weeks ago and saw what is to be their future.

Jalon Daniels goes down for KU and their backup steps up and gives them the lead in the 3rd. I think Lance Leipold fell backwards onto a horseshoe at some point this summer because they can just do nothing wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Rhule fired from Carolina. He’s gonna make a college program really, really happy. 

He would look great in Bloomington.  Just sayin'