Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

I'm already seeing Deion being tossed around for the GT job. While I think he could be dangerous when he gets a P5 job, I don't think GT is the one. That isn't a program culture fit in the slightest and it's a reeaaallyyy tough job. The only guy that had sustained success there in my lifetime did it by confusing everyone with the triple option.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, IU Scott said:

I wonder if Saban or Myers could get IU to win the conference.

I’m very confident either of them could win the BT at IU but to be fair it might take them a year or two to adjust to coaching basketball.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, Hovadipo said:

I'm already seeing Deion being tossed around for the GT job. While I think he could be dangerous when he gets a P5 job, I don't think GT is the one. That isn't a program culture fit in the slightest and it's a reeaaallyyy tough job. The only guy that had sustained success there in my lifetime did it by confusing everyone with the triple option.

Can we hire Deion?

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Well, that sure looks nice. 

Supposed to seat 35k. In a best case scenario, say, mid-pack B1G team bowl eligible most years, what’s the ceiling on NW’s drawing power? 

38 minutes ago, Demo said:

Supposed to seat 35k. In a best case scenario, say, mid-pack B1G team bowl eligible most years, what’s the ceiling on NW’s drawing power? 

I would guess they nailed it with 35. Probably pretty expensive tickets for Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, etc. on a normal year for them and REALLY expensive tickets when NW hits one of their big win years against those big draw teams, but otherwise they’ll be easy to go see. I’ve only heard great things about the new Welsh-Ryan and I know for a fact their football facility on campus is insane so I’d bet that’ll be a pretty sweet stadium if it goes through. 

On 9/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, Hovadipo said:

So you are saying that Primetime fits in well at Nebraska?

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Very soccer looking. I like it. Might be small but I'll bet it'll be loud with how it's built. 

"The Little House"

1 hour ago, Rico said:

So you are saying that Primetime fits in well at Nebraska?

That would be a trip. I'd say the natural fit is at Arizona State really. That'd be must-see TV if they want to stay on the wild side of things, but after the mess Herm made there I'm not sure if they want that.

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

That would be a trip. I'd say the natural fit is at Arizona State really. That'd be must-see TV if they want to stay on the wild side of things, but after the mess Herm made there I'm not sure if they want that.

Personally, I would love to see what Primetime could do at ASU.

Wiscy was favored by 6.5 but got pounded, AT HOME, by Illinois 34-10.

UK just lost (actually totally gave away the game) to Ole Miss. Game lasted 3:15. Not sure why we have had several ridiculously long 4 hour games.

21 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Wiscy was favored by 6.5 but got pounded, AT HOME, by Illinois 34-10.

UK just lost (actually totally gave away the game) to Ole Miss. Game lasted 3:15. Not sure why we have had several ridiculously long 4 hour games.

UK running the ball a lot and snapping the ball under 5 on the play clock every play definitely helps. When we complete about 50% of our passes and snap the ball ASAP it turns into a marathon quick. 

CFB needs to get rid of the clock stopping on first downs in a bad way. 

The announcers in the Cincinnati-Tulsa game just mentioned that one of the TU defensive players is in his SEVENTH year in a sort of casual aside that downplays how kind of nuts that is.