Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Oh. My. God. 

The replies on that are interesting. Apparently it was like 105* in Pasadena yesterday lol. Idk if you could pay me to watch post-Oregon Chip Kelly football in that weather. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

The replies on that are interesting. Apparently it was like 105* in Pasadena yesterday lol. Idk if you could pay me to watch post-Oregon Chip Kelly football in that weather. 

Geez… teaches me to jump to conclusions.

A real question—is it safe to play in 105 degrees? That’s way more dangerous than playing in extreme cold weather.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Geez… teaches me to jump to conclusions.

A real question—is it safe to play in 105 degrees? That’s way more dangerous than playing in extreme cold weather.

Maybe it’s a dry heat? Lol. 

I always feel bad watching the Labor Day weekend high school games from those big time gulf coast high schools. Everything about that looks miserable. 

7 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

That last 3 or so minutes was nuts!  Very entertaining to watch for sure…especially when you don’t have a horse in it. 

It just doesn't get any better than that.

56 minutes ago, Demo said:

I don't think he's a great- or even particularly good - coach, but seems like a decent guy. But Brian Kelly, Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin and 90% of other Power 5 football coaches? I wouldn't stop if they were dying on the side of the road. Just destestable @$$-holes. 

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Guessing there's a 0 missing from the figure in the tweet??? ... $1.7 mil is a truckload to me, but to these guys, it's pocket change! 

I think it’s more so passion for the sport/job. And wanting to see it through to the end with the kids they recruited 

I'm just gonna throw this our there. That might have been the worst officiated half of football in a while for the Texas-Bama game. Texas dbs are holding just as much as Bama dbs. One side is getting called, the other isn't

Texas getting screwed. Sacked Young in the end zone for a safety and they called roughing the passer/targeting on a play where he was barely touched and wasn’t even down yet. 

might be the worst call I have ever seen. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Texas getting screwed. Sacked Young in the end zone for a safety and they called roughing the passer/targeting on a play where he was barely touched and wasn’t even down yet. 

might be the worst call I have ever seen. 

Well, never mind. They changed the call. Not sure how they can do that, but it should still be a safety…

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm just gonna throq rhia our there. That might have been the worst officiated half of football in a while for the Texas-Bama game. Texas dbs are holding just as much as Bama dbs. One side is getting called, the other isn't

And somehow the first half doesn’t even compare to what just happened in the second half