Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Scott Frost going up 11 and immediately running an onside kick is hysterical. Just handing NW momentum on a silver platter. Half of me can’t wait for that dips*it to get canned, the other half gets great joy out of watching Nebraska take a dump every year under him. 

Normally I’d be 10 kinds of pissed at the way Fitzgerald is conspicuously not going for the throat. Then I remember that he knows it’s Nebraska and that they’ll  just play there way out of it on their own. No risk necessary.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I hope Frost makes it until we play them in October.

He gives hope to every opposition sideline.

I agree wholeheartedly, but think he starts 2-2 and gets the axe when his buyout drops on (I believe) October, 1 unfortunately. How fun would it be to be the nail in his coffin though?

Edit: thought our game was later in October. Whoops. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Were we ever given a reason why we play at Nebraska again this year, when our last meeting was at their place? 

I wonder how much Frost paid the Big Ten for that arrangement. 

I would chip in for the chance to play Nebraska in both football and basketball as much as humanly possible.

Frost and Hoiberg are without question the worst P5 pair at one school.

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I wonder how much Frost paid the Big Ten for that arrangement. 

Other than getting to beat his arse, everyone involved in the B1G hates Frost so I can assure you he wasn’t involved lol. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I agree wholeheartedly, but think he starts 2-2 and gets the axe when his buyout drops on (I believe) October, 1 unfortunately. How fun would it be to be the nail in his coffin though?

Per Pete Thamel - ...pay cut and buyout that drops from $15 million to $7.5 on Oct. 1. Not only the loss to double-digit underdog Northwestern, but the way Nebraska lost, adds more pessimism to Frost keeping the job.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Jim Mora trying to make a statement in his first game back. Hoo boy. 

Update: being up on an FBS opponent by 14 at any time is a statement in my book. Hope they can still cover!

22 hours ago, Demo said:

Normally I’d be 10 kinds of pissed at the way Fitzgerald is conspicuously not going for the throat. Then I remember that he knows it’s Nebraska and that they’ll  just play there way out of it on their own. No risk necessary.

That is the entire history of IU football unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just noticed that #2 Ohio State opened up as a 17.5 favorite against #5 Notre Dame

College football is ridiculously top heavy this year. Last year we finally got some new teams in the CFP,  but this year it's going to be same old, same old. 

18 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

College football is ridiculously top heavy this year. Last year we finally got some new teams in the CFP,  but this year it's going to be same old, same old. 

Yeah this year is a safe bet to take 3 teams (Bama, Dawgs and O$U) against the field.