Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We are what? Month away from college football season kicking off? Been pretty quite on here about it all... I know Indiana won't be good but at least Bama has some competition again... I think. 

Two weeks and a day until the first CFB Saturday. I’m super excited for the season as a whole but my iufb enthusiasm is nonexistent. 

30 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We are what? Month away from college football season kicking off? Been pretty quite on here about it all... I know Indiana won't be good but at least Bama has some competition again... I think. 

I am def not as interested as I was at this time last year. I have started to follow it again as camp has started up and there is quite a bit more content out. 

But honestly, until the playoff system is changed its like watching the same movie over and over again. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I've followed IU football for a long time and seen some pretty bad teams, but I think last season finally broke me. 2019 and 2020 were probably the best 2-year stretch we'll see for a long time, and what we achieved in 2020 probably won't ever happen again. Last year was like the Bill Lynch era revisited. Just depressingly bad football. And the most depressing part is, 2020 was probably our ceiling as a program and we needed factors beyond our control to get there. We're never going to have enough talent to seriously compete in this conference. I don't think changing coaches ever gets us there, either. It's just a sh*t job that's career suicide for most coaches. 

On 8/12/2022 at 11:02 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean I'm excited. But I'm a dumb optimist about the program so yah 

So the University of California board of regents isn't happy about UCLA leaving as it would impact Cal (obviously).

Now, had the Big Ten also floated getting Cal and Stanford, I certainly wouldn't think they would be complaining as the media rights would more than be enough to help fund the University of California system.

Scott Frost going up 11 and immediately running an onside kick is hysterical. Just handing NW momentum on a silver platter. Half of me can’t wait for that dips*it to get canned, the other half gets great joy out of watching Nebraska take a dump every year under him. 

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Scott Frost going up 11 and immediately running an onside kick is hysterical. Just handing NW momentum on a silver platter. Half of me can’t wait for that dips*it to get canned, the other half gets great joy out of watching Nebraska take a dump every year under him. 

I hope Frost makes it until we play them in October.

He gives hope to every opposition sideline.