Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

I was a little surprised Purdue's early entrants stayed on the board as long as they did. I saw a mock last fall of Karlaftis going 5th overall...he went 30th. Others had David Bell going in the second round; the Browns finally took him in the fourth. 

I wonder if they just had bad days at the combine or if they were a by-product of the Jeff Brohm hype machine. 

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ohio State president Kristina Johnson has been named to the College Football Playoff’s Board of Managers. She replaces Penn State president Eric Barron on the board of managers as the Big Ten Conference representative.

Well good. Now, finally Ohio State will stop getting screwed by th... never mind.  :(

On 4/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, TheWatShot said:

I was a little surprised Purdue's early entrants stayed on the board as long as they did. I saw a mock last fall of Karlaftis going 5th overall...he went 30th. Others had David Bell going in the second round; the Browns finally took him in the fourth. 

I wonder if they just had bad days at the combine or if they were a by-product of the Jeff Brohm hype machine. 

Bell did not test well at all at the combine.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Typical NCAA.  Going after powerhouses like Air Force while UNC, Kansas, Duke and 90% of the SEC skate.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

FWIW, that’s Nick’s dad. 

Without changing their schedule this year, the Pac-12 has basically eliminated the need for divisions by having the 2 teams with the highest conference winning percentage meet in the Pac-12 title game. The B1G can't follow suit (and subsequently blow up divisions) quickly enough.

Nick Saban firing both barrels.  But are Nick's recruiting hands that clean?  Inquiring minds want to know. https://www.on3.com/college/alabama-crimson-tide/news/nick-saban-continues-criticism-schools-recruiting-with-nil-calls-out-deion-sanders-jackson-state/  

Jimbo ain't having any of it. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1527312794210553864 

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nick Saban firing both barrels.  But are Nick's recruiting hands that clean?  Inquiring minds want to know.

https://www.on3.com/college/alabama-crimson-tide/news/nick-saban-continues-criticism-schools-recruiting-with-nil-calls-out-deion-sanders-jackson-state/

lol. Lost his leverage just like Calipari and all the other cheaters.  Still going to compete at the top, just going to have to pay market value.  I think it’s hilarious hearing all the cheaters upset about NIL deals. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

lol. Lost his leverage just like Calipari and all the other cheaters.  Still going to compete at the top, just going to have to pay market value.  I think it’s hilarious hearing all the cheaters upset about NIL deals. 

It's like a Will Wade/Bill Self cage match.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:57 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nick Saban firing both barrels.  But are Nick's recruiting hands that clean?  Inquiring minds want to know.

https://www.on3.com/college/alabama-crimson-tide/news/nick-saban-continues-criticism-schools-recruiting-with-nil-calls-out-deion-sanders-jackson-state/

Translation: NIL isn't working out all that well for 'Bama and the head coach sees the writing on the wall that other schools in their own division have deeper booster pockets and are serious threats.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, Hovadipo said:

Without changing their schedule this year, the Pac-12 has basically eliminated the need for divisions by having the 2 teams with the highest conference winning percentage meet in the Pac-12 title game. The B1G can't follow suit (and subsequently blow up divisions) quickly enough.

Mountain West has followed suit and gotten rid of divisions as well.

Enough of Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game.  Divisions be damned.