Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Harbaugh getting to 3rd base with the NFL again just put Michigan in a bad spot. After MacDonald got poached by brother John, Josh Gattis just left for Miami. Not a stretch to say those 2 coordinators changed everything for UM and now it’s back to square one. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Harbaugh getting to 3rd base with the NFL again just put Michigan in a bad spot. After MacDonald got poached by brother John, Josh Gattis just left for Miami. Not a stretch to say those 2 coordinators changed everything for UM and now it’s back to square one. 

The Gattis thing is interesting. He makes a lateral positional move to a lesser school. So, did he think Harbaugh was leaving and he had some sort of tacit understanding that he’d be the next guy and now feels screwed? 

Just now, Demo said:

The Gattis thing is interesting. He makes a lateral positional move to a lesser school. So, did he think Harbaugh was leaving and he had some sort of tacit understanding that he’d be the next guy and now feels screwed? 

This could mean a bunch of different things. To me, it reads as “When they thought Jim was out of here, they told me I wasn’t going to be in the running for the job”.

If that’s how it played out, fine, but if that’s how it played out and he was going to be passed over for a guy like Mike Hart (it was rumored, never anything concrete, but would be verrrry Michigan) I don’t blame him at all. 

Wow. That's all I can say after reading this. Wow. 

If you thought Joe Paterno and Penn State football were scuzzy after Jerry Sandusky, this will only cement those feelings. 

if you so inclined to give this read, I'll warn you -- not only it is it very troubling, but it's very long. I didn't get through it all in one sitting, but it took well over an hour. Though it's a very grim story, the reporting is fantastic. 

And if Irv Pankey isn't your hero after reading this, I can't help you,

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/32496588/before-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-football-had-another-serial-sexual-predator-untold-story-crimes-fight-bring-justice

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

If you thought Joe Paterno and Penn State football were scuzzy after Jerry Sandusky, this will only cement those feelings. 

if you so inclined to give this read, I'll warn you -- not only it is it very troubling, but it's very long. I didn't get through it all in one sitting, but it took well over an hour. Though it's a very grim story, the reporting is fantastic. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/32496588/before-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-football-had-another-serial-sexual-predator-untold-story-crimes-fight-bring-justice

As you said it was a quite long and harrowing read with a bit of that story hitting close to home (literally). The last paragraph of the story is absolutely creepy as all hell.

it was tough to get through but necessary for those women to get their story out. He had a lot of issues starting in elementary school.  PSU had some great teams during that time but at what cost. The Sandusky quote at the end was hard also.

20 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Just got to this today. I wish I could say it's unbelievable, but it isn't. What a wild story.

Joe Paterno is absolutely fascinating...and that isn't a compliment.

23 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

That story illustrates the complete polarity of human beings. One kind and compassionate and the other an absolute monster.

Also posted this in the college BB thread.

IU grad and former IU administrator to lead PSU's athletic department ... 

I'm curious how this works out. I was hoping Kraft would've been in consideration for the IU job when Cool Dad retired. I don't remember them interviewing anyone besides Dolson.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm curious how this works out. I was hoping Kraft would've been in consideration for the IU job when Cool Dad retired. I don't remember them interviewing anyone besides Dolson.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

My read was that Dolson was the guy the whole time and they "posted" the job just because they had to.

26 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

My read was that Dolson was the guy the whole time and they "posted" the job just because they had to.

This is how the corporate world works.  They know who the job is going to before that person even knows.  Well before the job is posted.

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

This is how the corporate world works.  They know who the job is going to before that person even knows.  Well before the job is posted.

The corporate and college athletics worlds have a lot of similarities. This being a huge one.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Also posted this in the college BB thread.

IU grad and former IU administrator to lead PSU's athletic department ... 

I hope he can bring some sort of class to that university. I don't have anything good to say about the scum that resides in Happy Valley.