Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

19% of D1 mens basketball teams make the tournament. 3% of FBS teams make the football playoff. I don’t want one of the four spots wasted on a team from a crap conference. If you want to start putting those teams in the playoff then expand the playoff. 

What has Alabama and OSU done this year to deserve a spot. UC has a bigger win on the road than those teams have had.

Just now, IU Scott said:

What has Alabama and OSU done this year to deserve a spot. UC has a bigger win on the road than those teams have had.

UC’s best win was against Notre Dame, a team that regularly gets blown out whenever they play top competition. Do you think UC is undefeated if they play Ohio State’s schedule this year? Because I’d bet that OSU would beat UC by 4+ touchdowns. 

How about we have Cincinnati make the playoffs this year…

They get blown out? Similar team has no chance in future of surpassing 2-loss powerhouse.

They are competitive or win? Easier for similar teams to make it in future.

Just get it over with, Barta!

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

UC’s best win was against Notre Dame, a team that regularly gets blown out whenever they play top competition. Do you think UC is undefeated if they play Ohio State’s schedule this year? Because I’d bet that OSU would beat UC by 4+ touchdowns. 

UC played Georgia in a bowl game last year and had the lead on the 4th quarter.  Also what does past results have on this year.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UC played Georgia in a bowl game last year and had the lead on the 4th quarter. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also what does past results have on this year.

Not really sure what to do with these two contradictory statements. In any event, you either think UC is one of the four best teams in the country or you don’t. I don’t, so I don’t want to see them in the playoff. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not really sure what to do with these two contradictory statements. In any event, you either think UC is one of the four best teams in the country or you don’t. I don’t, so I don’t want to see them in the playoff. 

You said that UC couldn't compete with the top teams and I showed they did.  Also saying what ND has done in the CFP has no bearing who they pick this year.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You said that UC couldn't compete with the top teams and I showed they did.  Also saying what ND has done in the CFP has no bearing who they pick this year.

You’re using UC’s bowl game from last year while at the same time arguing that ND’s past seasons aren’t relevant. Do you not see the irony there? And I’m not talking about ND’s playoff aspirations, I’m talking about them being UC’s best win. Notre Dame is another team that plays a weak schedule. It’s the same story every year with them.

If UC was in the Big 10 East they’d have to play OSU, PSU, Michigan, and MSU. We literally played UC and they were less than impressive. OSU could’ve scored 100 on us. I think they’re a top 20 school, not a top 4 school. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You’re using UC’s bowl game from last year while at the same time arguing that ND’s past seasons aren’t relevant. Do you not see the irony there? And I’m not talking about ND’s playoff aspirations, I’m talking about them being UC’s best win. Notre Dame is another team that plays a weak schedule. It’s the same story every year with them.

If UC was in the Big 10 East they’d have to play OSU, PSU, Michigan, and MSU. We literally played UC and they were less than impressive. OSU could’ve scored 100 on us. I think they’re a top 20 school, not a top 4 school. 

I definitely think they could compete in the east.  PSU and MSU are not great

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I cannot believe Auburn just let Alabama go 97 yards in just over a minute.

Wanna talk about a coach swallowing their whistle? Derrick Mason just did it. They’ve been bringing pressure the entire game. With a chance to win the game and the ball on the 2 he backs completely off. 

I think next week's CFP rankings should look like this:

1) Georgia

2) Michigan

3) Alabama

4) Cincinnati

5) Ohio State

6) Oklahoma State

7) Notre Dame

Michigan and OSU trade places; I'd give the other OSU the nod over Notre Dame since they just beat #10 Oklahoma.