Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Don't knowif anyone else has been watching this UCLA-Oregon game. But UCLA's gameplan appears to have been to see how good the best player in the nation actually is. It has failed miserably, Oregon has been getting in his way more than UCLA

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cincy will make it if they win out. 

Very likely, but I don't think they are in the same league as the others. Cincy has nothing to be ashamed of, but I think any of the top 3 spank them good and send them to bed without supper. 

10 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Very likely, but I don't think they are in the same league as the others. Cincy has nothing to be ashamed of, but I think any of the top 3 spank them good and send them to bed without supper. 

Yea probably, but it would be a great accomplishment to be the first non power 5 team to break through. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea probably, but it would be a great accomplishment to be the first non power 5 team to break through. 

Yes it would but I am skeptical that they make it.  I see their SoS working against them down the line somewhere, somehow.

32 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yes it would but I am skeptical that they make it.  I see their SoS working against them down the line somewhere, somehow.

The committee will make some crappy excuse. Wouldn't be surprised if they put Oklahoma above them. But we were supposed to be a much better opponent. They beat Notre Dame. Not much more you can ask of them I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The committee will make some crappy excuse. Wouldn't be surprised if they put Oklahoma above them. But we were supposed to be a much better opponent. They beat Notre Dame. Not much more you can ask of them I guess. 

As I said earlier that SoS is the thing that will bite the Bearcats in the arsz.  Now of course all this UC mania goes out the window if they lose somewhere down the line.  That being said, still lots of ball still to be played.

If Cincy runs the table they're in the CFP.  Even with the SoS argument.  They're a good football team and the coaches and AP know this.  They're currently ranked 2 in the country in both polls. Even if a team in the SEC, Big Ten, ACC and Big 12 go undefeated Cincy is still in just so long as they stay unbeaten. They still have currently ranked #19 SMU on the schedule, so we'll see what happens there.  They also have to win their conference championship.  A lot of football to be played for all of this to play out.  

So I have tickets to the Maryland game this weekend. It’s about a 2 hr drive. I’m so disappointed in this season that this is the first time I’ve been on the fence about attending an IUFB game. I’ll go. I’ll enjoy my time and my family but the lead up is nothing but disappointment. Here’s hoping this changes for the post game drive. 

20 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

So I have tickets to the Maryland game this weekend. It’s about a 2 hr drive. I’m so disappointed in this season that this is the first time I’ve been on the fence about attending an IUFB game. I’ll go. I’ll enjoy my time and my family but the lead up is nothing but disappointment. Here’s hoping this changes for the post game drive. 

If it’s any consolation, Maryland is almost certainly worse than us. Definitely so if Tuttle can play.