Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He isn’t alone. He’ll eventually be forced to cave. Sad state of affairs on a multitude of levels.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I mean he clearly won’t be forced to cave. He just got fired for not caving lol. Respect the commitment. 

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I mean he clearly won’t be forced to cave. He just got fired for not caving lol. Respect the commitment. 

Forced? Nah… there’s lots of employers that don’t mind whether he’s vaccinated or not. Just not his current employer.

You referenced Kyrie, I re-referenced Kyrie being forced to cave, which I’m convinced will be the ending of his saga. I do have extreme respect to this coach’s commitment.

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You referenced Kyrie, I re-referenced Kyrie being forced to cave, which I’m convinced will be the ending of his saga. I do have extreme respect to this coach’s commitment.

My fault. Thought you meant Rolo. I don’t think Kyrie is being forced to do anything. NYC mandate is what it is, Kyrie’s made more money than he knows what to do with, he’s fine. I really don’t think he cares. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He isn’t alone. He’ll eventually be forced to cave. Sad state of affairs on a multitude of levels.

I am hoping Kyrie holds out. I am hoping a lot of these players do. Bradley Beal, Jonathan Isaac, Michael Porter Jr. It is rare to get essentially celebrities to go against the grain like they are.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WCIA3Bret/status/1450202041188589578

Turns out that Bret Bielema is a complete creep. Who knew?

Well that speech will sure motivate them! I'm fine with some brutal honesty and tough love, but pretty sure he just lost his entire team's confidence and loyalty. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

He better hope he’s as good at the transfer market as Mel Tucker has been. Yeesh. 

(But he isn’t wrong; that roster is brutal and Lovie straight up didn’t recruit. Literally - not figuratively literally, actually literally - didn’t recruit)

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

He better hope he’s as good at the transfer market as Mel Tucker has been. Yeesh. 

(But he isn’t wrong; that roster is brutal and Lovie straight up didn’t recruit. Literally - not figuratively literally, actually literally - didn’t recruit)

Fair point on Smith. I think the biggest fear with Woody was that he might take a similar tack, and that could not have been more wrong.

45 minutes ago, Demo said:

Fair point on Smith. I think the biggest fear with Woody was that he might take a similar tack, and that could not have been more wrong.

From what I’ve heard on Lovie, he was just totally clueless as to what being a CFB head coach took and then did nothing to make up for it. I’m so thankful that doesn’t appear to be the case with Woody. 

5 hours ago, Demo said:

He wants you to know that Illinois' struggles aren't his fault.  It's the player's fault.  In fact, Beilema noticed how bad they were almost a year ago.  That's how insightful he is.  Definitely not his fault.

I love it when Illinois sports are a mess

Kansas nearly pulled off the upset of Oklahoma.  Oklahoma up 5 with 3 1/2 left, goes for it on fourth and 1 on their own 46.  Back gets stuffed and while getting driven back two yards, Oklahoma. QB takes the ball from him and runs for the first.  Refs should have blown the whistle as forward momentum had stopped, but since they didn’t it was a heads up play.

37 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Kansas nearly pulled off the upset of Oklahoma.  Oklahoma up 5 with 3 1/2 left, goes for it on fourth and 1 on their own 46.  Back gets stuffed and while getting driven back two yards, Oklahoma. QB takes the ball from him and runs for the first.  Refs should have blown the whistle as forward momentum had stopped, but since they didn’t it was a heads up play.

I don't understand the APs love for Oklahoma and having them ranked 4th. They've not even looked like a Top 10 team this season.

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't understand the APs love for Oklahoma and having them ranked 4th. They've not even looked like a Top 10 team this season.

It’s not really complicated honestly. They’re one of the national powerhouse programs and they’re undefeated. Of course they’re going to be highly ranked even though they don’t look great.