Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I disagree. If the purpose of the Playoff is to determine the best team, why does the #14 team even deserve a shot and why should the number #3 team have to beat them? 

I know the field will expand because ESPN has decreed it, but when was the last time TV actually improved a process? 

That's cool man. To each his own.

But just to give you a little perspective of a 16 team playoff in college football this season.  If a 16 team playoff starts tomorrow the #14ish ranked teams are Notre Dame (AP) and Kentucky (Coaches).  I would argue that one of these #14 seed teams might end up in the final four.  #14 Notre Dame vs #3 Iowa in the first round.  Winner of the #11 Michigan State v #6 Oklahoma (AP)/Cincinnati (Coaches) plays the Irish.  All doable wins for the Irish.  And I'm sure the Irish would love to get another crack at Cincinnati.  

Sign me up to watch this playoff!  If it were up to me I'd make it a 24 team playoff!

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

That's cool man. To each his own.

But just to give you a little perspective of a 16 team playoff in college football this season.  If a 16 team playoff starts tomorrow the #14ish ranked teams are Notre Dame (AP) and Kentucky (Coaches).  I would argue that one of these #14 seed teams might end up in the final four.  #14 Notre Dame vs #3 Iowa in the first round.  Winner of the #11 Michigan State v #6 Oklahoma (AP)/Cincinnati (Coaches) plays the Irish.  All doable wins for the Irish.  And I'm sure the Irish would love to get another crack at Cincinnati.  

Sign me up to watch this playoff!  If it were up to me I'd make it a 24 team playoff!

Love the thought process and sign me up....btw, Iowa would kill Notre Dame.

Geez! We need a QB bad. You cant have a guy like this as the #1 option and its been that way for a couple years.
I would like to see what Mcculley can do. Probably the future QB would be nice to get him some reps.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, maharkn said:

I would like to see what Mcculley can do. Probably the future QB would be nice to get him some reps.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I would venture to say seeing McCulley depends on the confidence in Tuttle.  

I'm really interested to see what Tuttle can do. He'll have two weeks to prepare for MSU, and it seems that for the foreseeable future, it'll be his team. 

I've sorta thought all along that with all Penix's injuries that Tuttle might be the better option anyway. 

He's had two starts: Was OK against Bucky and didn't look great against Ole Miss -- but played a good bit of the game with a separated shoulder. I think given time, he could be pretty decent. 

My biggest fear with Tuttle is that the OC will close up the playbook and we’ll run very basic stuff (which, we’ll, we seem to do anyway honestly). Tuttle got the first team reps all spring because Penix was still out. That plus two weeks to prepare should be sufficient to get him up to speed. Let him air it out and see what happens. It’s not like our run game is any good. 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He’s a dirtbag

No, no, no he didn’t know Aaron Hernandez had strong gang ties and he didn’t know that OSU assistant beat the crap out of his wife and he didn’t know that strength guy he hired and immediately fired was probably racist and those girls just wanted him to go dance, he didn’t know she was grinding on him!

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

No, no, no he didn’t know Aaron Hernandez had strong gang ties and he didn’t know that OSU assistant beat the crap out of his wife and he didn’t know that strength guy he hired and immediately fired was probably racist and those girls just wanted him to go dance, he didn’t know she was grinding on him!

Agreed.

But did he know that he was grabbing her @$$?

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Agreed.

But did he know that he was grabbing her @$$?

Arthritis was flaring up. Don’t you know he has health issues? Idk if that’s one of them, but he has them!

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Guessing LSU might like a word as well.

USC and LSU fighting over Coach O’s replacement certainly has some nuance to it. 

Edit: Counterpoint…Lane to LSU. 

34 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Arthritis was flaring up. Don’t you know he has health issues? Idk if that’s one of them, but he has them!

Oh!

Apologies to you, and especially to Coach UrbanThePiousButMisunderstood.

21 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I disagree. If the purpose of the Playoff is to determine the best team, why does the #14 team even deserve a shot and why should the number #3 team have to beat them? 

I know the field will expand because ESPN has decreed it, but when was the last time TV actually improved a process? 

Well when the NCAA tournament expanded to 64 it grew the popularity by a lot.