Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Can someone explain the love for Oregon's QB, Brown? During the OSU game they praised him a ton. He isn't good. Like he is fine in college cause the game is so different. But every time I hear talking heads talk about Oregon they praise him. Its weird. 

46 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Cincy handling ND at South Bend and Iowa blasting Maryland  into outer space...are we bad or are we just victims of a brutal schedule?

We’re not bad, but we’re not as good as we were predicted to be or hoped we would be based on the momentum of the last two years. But if Cindy holds and Oregon doesn’t come back in the second half, and we don’t pull an upset in happy valley tonight - it’s possible (likely?? With how OK has barely scraped by WV/Neb and is struggling today against K-State) we played three of our first five games against teams in the top 5. Doubt there’s another school who can say that, so that would qualify as brutal. Still, if your aspirations are to be a top 10-20 team like IU’s were/are, you have to win at least one of those games. They’ve underperformed. But the schedule didn’t help. 

8 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

We’re not bad, but we’re not as good as we were predicted to be or hoped we would be based on the momentum of the last two years. But if Cindy holds and Oregon doesn’t come back in the second half, and we don’t pull an upset in happy valley tonight - it’s possible (likely?? With how OK has barely scraped by WV/Neb and is struggling today against K-State) we played three of our first five games against teams in the top 5. Doubt there’s another school who can say that, so that would qualify as brutal. Still, if your aspirations are to be a top 10-20 team like IU’s were/are, you have to win at least one of those games. They’ve underperformed. But the schedule didn’t help. 

Thanks, this is how I view it as well. I think we all thought (or hoped) our record season would be a stepping stone. In reality, even though we have been steadily improving, programs rarely go from low end bowl contenders to annual Rose Bowl hopes in a season. I believe we have the tools to keep the build, maybe just not as quickly as we want. 

I'm all onCin board for Cincinnati gettomg in the CFP as long as they run the table the rest of the way. Don't put 1 loss OSU in. Don't put one loss Oregon in. I know the Big 12 voters are gonna try to push hard to make it look like Oklahoma plays in a tough conference, but they don't. Oklahoma isn't that good

38 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm all onCin board for Cincinnati gettomg in the CFP as long as they run the table the rest of the way. Don't put 1 loss OSU in. Don't put one loss Oregon in. I know the Big 12 voters are gonna try to push hard to make it look like Oklahoma plays in a tough conference, but they don't. Oklahoma isn't that good

I keep dropping Oklahoma in my Top 25. They haven't looked like an elite team. But at this point, I don't see any team that could keep up with Georgia and Alabama. 

5 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Can someone explain the love for Oregon's QB, Brown? During the OSU game they praised him a ton. He isn't good. Like he is fine in college cause the game is so different. But every time I hear talking heads talk about Oregon they praise him. Its weird. 

It's what people who don't understand football do all the time.  They think if the team wins, the qb gets all the credit.  See:  Tom Brady slurpers

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Vandy with the walk-off field goal! The team rushes the field! They get the win against…UConn….

Of course they celebrated, the $EC mafia would've booted them out if they lost. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I keep dropping Oklahoma in my Top 25. They haven't looked like an elite team. But at this point, I don't see any team that could keep up with Georgia and Alabama. 

I'd give Iowa a fighter's chance against Georiga. Their offense is still underwhelming to me, and Iowa's defense is so good. I know Bama had their against Florida, but they're on a different level yah

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Bama and Georgia are the clear top 2 in the country.  And 10 schools below them that can legitimately claim the 3 and 4 spot.  The CFP needs to be expanded to at least 16.  

I disagree. If the purpose of the Playoff is to determine the best team, why does the #14 team even deserve a shot and why should the number #3 team have to beat them? 

I know the field will expand because ESPN has decreed it, but when was the last time TV actually improved a process? 

34 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I disagree. If the purpose of the Playoff is to determine the best team, why does the #14 team even deserve a shot and why should the number #3 team have to beat them? 

I know the field will expand because ESPN has decreed it, but when was the last time TV actually improved a process? 

Because it's the playoffs?  No different than the pro sports.

When the NCAA men's basketball tournament(playoff) expanded in '79 though '85?