Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Refs just missed a whole ass down in the PSU game and PSU had to punt on 3rd and 11. The lack of accountability for officials in all levels in all sports is astounding. At least in CBB they can lose NCAA tourney privileges I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Refs just missed a whole @$$ down in the PSU game and PSU had to punt on 3rd and 11. The lack of accountability for officials in all levels in all sports is astounding. At least in CBB they can lose NCAA tourney privileges I guess. 

Since its apparently tradition for the road team to bring refs, the $EC probably will give them bonuses.

Refs just missed a whole @$$ down in the PSU game and PSU had to punt on 3rd and 11. The lack of accountability for officials in all levels in all sports is astounding. At least in CBB they can lose NCAA tourney privileges I guess. 

Couldn’t distinguish between the uniform colors. Officials are good.

Where else is there this level of shenanigans with $$$ on the line and people just ignore it? You’d think they’d have some level of checks and balances?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Penn St continues to get screwed over by this officiating crew. Why is an SEC crew being used for a BigTen home game?

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

I know nothing about this dude. But on the strength of this answer alone I’m rooting for him to succeed.

His old man is a legend at Virginia Tech ...  I'd say South Carolina and Virginia Tech are pretty comparable programs. ... Tech plays in an easier conference, though. ... He must be pretty highly thought of in the college football ranks, because when your first head coaching job is at South Carolina, that ain't bad. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

His old man is a legend at Virginia Tech ... I thought he might end up there some day, but it didn't work out that way ... I'd say South Carolina and Virginia Tech are pretty comparable programs. ... Tech plays in an easier conference, though. 

I did not put 2 and 2 together on the last name at all.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

I did not put 2 and 2 together on the last name at all.

That last name helped open doors for him, no doubt. After playing at Virginia Tech, he started as a grad assistant and has been coaching ever since. Never had a job at a level beneath the Power 5  -- Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Mississippi State, South Carolina (first time around), Virginia Tech, Georgia and Oklahoma before getting this job.  

10 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Happy valley at night. Only one team going to be happy and I don't think it's going to be us.

The schedule this year is brutal

I live in Jersey so happy valley is only a few hours away for me. I kind of want to go to the game and think it’d be a great atmosphere, but at the same time not sure I want to spend several hundred dollars to likely watch us get destroyed…

The Basket Bowl between Kansas and Duke tonight gave me a great* idea. 

The Champions** Classic between us, UNC, Duke, and Kansas but we play Arena Football rules and it’s held in each school’s basketball arena on a rotating basis. We rotate playing Kansas and an ACC school each year and the ACC schools play one of us or Kansas. 

I swear I’m not high. 

* ish

** of basketball