Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Really? Lol. Great stuff.

Why wouldn’t they get refs from another conference to do a inter-conference game? Does it make too much sense?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Thats what I was thinking. But B1G refs are calling the Iowa-Iowa State game. Maybe getting guys from another conference is less common than I thought?

7 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Ha ha, personal foul on Toledo on the kickoff, the checks havent cleared yet.

On 2nd look, yeah stupid move

I'm following the game cast. Like they've had what 5 or 6 penalties in the last minute of game action? Yep, 100% legit

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm following the game cast. Like they've had what 5 or 6 penalties in the last minute of game action? Yep, 100% legit

There was PI, defensive holding, another PI, personal foul(legit) and a false start in 7 snaps.

Great. Gonna be another year with ND escaping against an awful schedule. Really looking forward to end of the year for Brian Kelly to come out and talk about them belonging in the playoffs. To just lose by 30ish 

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Really? Lol. Great stuff.

Why wouldn’t they get refs from another conference to do a inter-conference game? Does it make too much sense?

Its apparently standard practice for the visiting team in a non-conference game to supply the officials.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/to-avoid-conflicts-of-interest-time-has-come-for-neutral-referees-at-nonconference-games/

Its apparently standard practice for the visiting team in a non-conference game to supply the officials.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/to-avoid-conflicts-of-interest-time-has-come-for-neutral-referees-at-nonconference-games/

I guess it partially negates a double or triple home field advantage but clearly refs from another conference makes the most sense from an equality standpoint.