Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rumors circulating both Texas and Oklahoma considering a jump to the SEC.   

Wonder if the big ten would look at Kansas and West Virginia. Since the loss of these two would all but certainly kill that conference 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wonder if the big ten would look at Kansas and West Virginia. Since the loss of these two would all but certainly kill that conference 

Spitballing here, but if the B1G were to explore expansion I wouldn't be surprised to see them target major TV markets on the east coast & mid-south, e.g. markets in Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia, with strong academics and make a run at schools like UNC, Georgia Tech, UVA, etc.  May seem odd on the surface, but that would be consistent with the most recent additions of Maryland & Rutgers.

18 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Spitballing here, but if the B1G were to explore expansion I wouldn't be surprised to see them target major TV markets on the east coast & mid-south, e.g. markets in Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia, with strong academics and make a run at schools like UNC, Georgia Tech, UVA, etc.  May seem odd on the surface, but that would be consistent with the most recent additions of Maryland & Rutgers.

Those conferences are rolling though. You do have a point though about the TV markets though.  West Virginia doesn’t add that much.  I know we looked at Mizzou back in the day

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I’ve seen this UNC talk on other sites as well every time B1G expansion comes up….There’s not a shot that they’d ever leave the ACC unless the ACC had dwindled to the point it was bordering on becoming a G5 conference. It would be like Alabama leaving the SEC.

So brings up the question, how will NIL impact the transfer portal? For instance this kid shows up in Columbus and is raking in NIL money....but not starting or playing much. Does he eventually bolt somewhere else to play more, but that won't be as lucrative? If so will he lose all his endorsement deals if he's at Cincy or Marshall for instance? Brave new world. 

49 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Is Notre Dame playing in the ACC again this year? They named their game manager at QB.

Back to normal though they do have a deal to play 4-5 ACC schools a year. I can't wait till people freak out when they don't realize the Toledo game is solely on Peacock.

https://fbschedules.com/notre-dame-football-schedule/

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Back to normal though they do have a deal to play 4-5 ACC schools a year. I can't wait till people freak out when they don't realize the Toledo game is solely on Peacock.

https://fbschedules.com/notre-dame-football-schedule/

Underwhelming schedule for a school that proclaims themselves as a national power IMO.