Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

5 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

@Nashville Hoosier Out of my own pure morbid curiosity, which names are you hearing floated around Knoxville at this point?

I don't really pay much attention to UT sports and I'm not near as in touch with UT alum friends these days either. I'm nowhere near having any inside info at all, so I likely don't have any different answer here than what you already know. Freeze is the name I see the most. The guy from Coastal as well. I've heard plenty of people say they would take Kiffin back. The funny thing is I think UT football is a pretty decent comparison to IU basketball. Previously far more successful, lots of history, has shown some signs of success but generally pretty mediocre in recent memory. UT fans think of their program as being elite, but it becomes a bit detached from reality. Logically, I don't think UT is anywhere near the historical relevance to college football that IU is to college hoops. When our fans throw out the best of the best names for coaches we think we could get and should get, I think it's far more based in reality than when UT football fans do the same. 

7 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I don't really pay much attention to UT sports and I'm not near as in touch with UT alum friends these days either. I'm nowhere near having any inside info at all, so I likely don't have any different answer here than what you already know. Freeze is the name I see the most. The guy from Coastal as well. I've heard plenty of people say they would take Kiffin back. The funny thing is I think UT football is a pretty decent comparison to IU basketball. Previously far more successful, lots of history, has shown some signs of success but generally pretty mediocre in recent memory. UT fans think of their program as being elite, but it becomes a bit detached from reality. Logically, I don't think UT is anywhere near the historical relevance to college football that IU is to college hoops. When our fans throw out the best of the best names for coaches we think we could get and should get, I think it's far more based in reality than when UT football fans do the same. 

Solid parallel, thanks for sharing my friend - I appreciate the perspective!

It should be open season on UT recruits. I know we offered a handful that chose them, time for some follow up calls.

For that matter, with the current transfer rules, it should be open season on their whole roster lol. Tell Warren to stop in Knoxville on his way up and send out some feelers.

I thought Lane Kiffin was Tennessee’s Kelvin Sampson.
HOW MANY KELVIN SAMPSONS DOES ONE SCHOOL GET?!!?

Lol thought the exact same. The Tennessee crowd that doesn’t want Hugh Freeze due to his own shadiness needs to take a long hard look at their past HC’s and the HC’s in their conference that their competing with and decide whether they want W’s or not. Can’t win in the $EC if you don’t recruit like an $EC team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For those that follow #IUFB recruitment, I noticed that Randy Charlton (remember him?!) transfered from UCF to Mike Leach's MSU squad a few weeks ago.  I was bummed when he decommitted from CTA back in December 2017, he seemed like a great young man with a solid skill set on the edge, but if I recall correctly, there was pressure from home keeping him in Florida which eventually landed him at UCF. 

Either way, it's always fun to see an old recruiting name resurface!

image.thumb.png.65712d85aae2098e07460264381e0b31.png

On 1/18/2021 at 12:16 PM, MemphisHoosier said:

@Nashville Hoosier Out of my own pure morbid curiosity, which names are you hearing floated around Knoxville at this point?

One name I never heard floated at all from anyone was Josh Heupel. And a quick scroll through the official welcome announcement tells me that his name was nowhere near any of the fanbase's wishlist. Who knows if it will work out, but if you need a solid laugh, go check the comments. That place is a mess. 

8 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Just saw on ESPN's bottom line that DeBord was hired as Kansas' OC. He's in for a rude awakening.

Every time I watched Kansas’ offensive this season I just kept thinking man they are 9 straight WR bubble screens away from breaking out.

48 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

REMEMBER WHENEVER YOU SEE AN INFOGRAPHIC...

image0.jpg?width=498&height=623

read the fine print

I’m going to start using that technique to brag  

I’ve slept with every woman I ever wanted to.........except for the ones that turned me down. 

I can lift 10 times my body weight......just not all at once 

Joe Milton (UM Starting QB) enters the portal. Puts a ton of pressure on Cade McNamara who really only played two full games against Rutgers & Penn St (where he struggled) last season....or JJ McCarthy to live up to the hype. Pretty small QB room for them.