Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

35 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Can't blame him, he went back home.

True, I don't blame him for that either...but the timing is curious. Michigan is a mess and Harbaugh can't have a very long leash, extension or not. 

Can’t blame Hart at all. Probably getting more money to coach the same position at his alma mater. Tough loss but Hoosiers have a recent track record of standout RB coaches so I’m not terribly worried.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

35 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

STFU you troll. You’ve long established that you have the football IQ of a hamster, so don’t bring the rest of the board down by making our fan base look like idiots.

And before the “everyone is ganging up on LCS” crowd gets their hackles up, the only group that should be offended by the previous paragraph are hamsters

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Funny how you have nothing to combat what I actually said..

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Three sentences. Each and every sentence trashing the man who contributed to the program.

And your point is? What exactly did he contribute? We averaged 3.3 yards per carry. We have an offensive coordinator that's about as creative as a chair in the run game. How hard is it going to be to go get a guy to get backs to run 3.3 yards a play up the gut?

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And your point is? What exactly did he contribute? We averaged 3.3 yards per carry. We have an offensive coordinator that's about as creative as a chair in the run game. How hard is it going to be to go get a guy to get backs to run 3.3 yards a play up the gut?

My point is that the only time you open your digital yap is when you have something negative to say. And that is awful.

Xavier - Joe - Stephen A Smith - Skip Bayless - LCS

The name changes but the MO never does. This has been going on for years. Different opinion is great. Constant trashing of IU athletics on an IU board....

Think he’s in need of a Bardo hug

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Our running attack was really disappointing last year. Scott was down to 3.6 yards/carry after being at 5.0 his freshman year. Too often we’d simply run it up the gut for no gain or a yard or two. Hopefully whoever we hire can figure it out. If Penix is back to form next year it shouldn’t be too hard to have a good running game too. 

Funny how you have nothing to combat what I actually said..

The fact that you reduced his role to “teach running it up the gut for a couple yards” pretty much proves my point.
How was his recruiting? How do our RBs do in pass protection? Do our RBs lay it on the ground too much?
Stevie Scott was a low 3 star Hart flipped to here and is a 2 time all B1G rb. Sampson James was the highest rated recruit we’ve gotten in forever, hart was lead recruiter, just as he was with Tim Baldwin, David Ellis, and Ronnie Walker. Bag on the o line if you wish, but our running game problems are not a result of us lacking B1G caliber RBs.
The guy was integral part of turning this program around. Culture wise as well as results.He deserves a lot more than your moronic hot takes on his way out the door.

58 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

The fact that you reduced his role to “teach running it up the gut for a couple yards” pretty much proves my point.
How was his recruiting? How do our RBs do in pass protection? Do our RBs lay it on the ground too much?
Stevie Scott was a low 3 star Hart flipped to here and is a 2 time all B1G rb. Sampson James was the highest rated recruit we’ve gotten in forever, hart was lead recruiter, just as he was with Tim Baldwin, David Ellis, and Ronnie Walker. Bag on the o line if you wish, but our running game problems are not a result of us lacking B1G caliber RBs.
The guy was integral part of turning this program around. Culture wise as well as results.He deserves a lot more than your moronic hot takes on his way out the door.

Wow bravo... And our running game still sucked. All his fault? No. Is he replaceable? Absolutely. In this specific OCs run scheme? A chair could do it. 

I don’t like this loss at all. Now both OC and DC. That won’t make things easier. It was predictable at some point however, especially with Hart.

Fortunately, I trust Allen to find a good fit. I hope.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Bring in Anthony Thompson

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I don’t like this loss at all. Now both OC and DC. That won’t make things easier. It was predictable at some point however, especially with Hart.

Fortunately, I trust Allen to find a good fit. I hope.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
RBC not OC but I agree wish he wasn't leaving

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Wow bravo... And our running game still sucked. All his fault? No. Is he replaceable? Absolutely. In this specific OCs run scheme? A chair could do it. 

LMFAO, you want to talk about schemes? You're the same guy that said Wommack's schemes were trash.

You think you have any idea what Sheridan's offensive philosophy is long term based on this year? A year that our players were playing under their 3rd different OC in as many years. A year that had no spring practice, no summer workouts, and a hastily thrown together 2 week fall camp to install a new offense. Common sense might tell you that the O was going to be a little vanilla. 

Our entire offensive "scheme" this year consisted of one thing and one thing only, max pass pro to keep our injury prone QB as healthy as we could. And it worked, we were top 20 in the nation in sacks allowed, top 20 in TFL allowed, and Penix stayed healthy until he tore another ACL running out of bounds. And a lot of that success can be attributed to RBs that were well schooled in picking up blitzes and edge rushers. Chairs don't teach that, good RB coaches do.

Is he replaceable? Absolutely. Is he easily replaced? Not so much.

Just now, johnsoniu said:

LMFAO, you want to talk about schemes? You're the same guy that said Wommack's schemes were trash.

You think you have any idea what Sheridan's offensive philosophy is long term based on this year? A year that our players were playing under their 3rd different OC in as many years. A year that had no spring practice, no summer workouts, and a hastily thrown together 2 week fall camp to install a new offense. Common sense might tell you that the O was going to be a little vanilla. 

Our entire offensive "scheme" this year consisted of one thing and one thing only, max pass pro to keep our injury prone QB as healthy as we could. And it worked, we were top 20 in the nation in sacks allowed, top 20 in TFL allowed, and Penix stayed healthy until he tore another ACL running out of bounds. And a lot of that success can be attributed to RBs that were well schooled in picking up blitzes and edge rushers. Chairs don't teach that, good RB coaches do.

Is he replaceable? Absolutely. Is he easily replaced? Not so much.

And our RBs ran for 3.3 yards per carry. He's very easily replaceable. He wasn't some all time great RB's coach. Our RBs are mediocre at best. There are two crappy parts of our offense. Our run game and run blocking. 

Very interesting that Bill O'Brien goes from coach and GM of the Houston Texans to OC at Alabama. Granted, Alabama pretty much resembles a pro franchise, but still ... 

Talk about a step backward -- kinda like going from RB coach at Indiana to RB coach at Michigan. LOL!