Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

5 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

What a season for Peyton Ramsey. Wins the west division, gets to play in the conference championship game against OSU and beats Auburn in the Citrus Bowl and earns MVP honors. Great way to end his college career.

Very happy for him. But won’t he be back?

17 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Yes and he isnt coming here as a coordinator.

Lol the guy that couldn’t get it done with all the assets he had at his disposal at Texas is gonna get it done here. I guess we could just be like Kansas and turn our program into a sideshow attraction 

7 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Lol the guy that couldn’t get it done with all the assets he had at his disposal at Texas is gonna get it done here. I guess we could just be like Kansas and turn our program into a sideshow attraction 

LOL! Yea I wouldnt hire a guy who averaged 8 wins at Texas and was 4-0 in bowl games.  The Indiana standard is much higher.

14 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

LOL! Yea I wouldnt hire a guy who averaged 8 wins at Texas and was 4-0 in bowl games.  The Indiana standard is much higher.

Averaging 8 wins at Texas is a massive failure

I am not sure how newsworthy this is, but we are officially in the offseason.  DL Tramar Reece has entered his name into the transfer portal.  I don't recall seeing his name often on the 2-deep or in the box score.  Maybe some of the more plugged in posters can provide more comprehensive perspective on the move, but I would assume this is about playing time and getting in a situation closer to home (FL)?

https://247sports.com/Player/Tramar-Reece-89334/

34 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Bama is following our OSU gameplan, but doing it with 5-stars, first round picks, and a Heisman winner. Seems to be going well for them. 

Talent makes a difference. We can try to over achieve all we want, but at the end of the day, talent matters.

Talent makes a difference. We can try to over achieve all we want, but at the end of the day, talent matters.

“It ain’t about the Xs and Os. It’s about the Jimmies and Joes”.

I had an unrealistic belief in the whole “you can take lesser talent and mold them into a better cohesive unit” for years. The last few years I’ve paid a lot of attention to the $EC and Clemson and I’ve totally changed my way of looking at things. It’s why ND will never be a completely serious contender, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app