Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Just an FYI, if anyone is expecting IU to jump Florida in the CFP you might want to temper your expectations.

The committee had Georgia ahead of IU with less accolades than Florida.

Florida: best wins: Georgia (7-2), Mizzou (5-4) losses: TAMU (7-1), LSU (4-5)

Georgia: best wins: Auburn (6-4), Mizzou (5-4) losses: Florida (8-2), Alabama (10-0)

Florida will fall just behind Georgia in the CFP rankings but still ahead of IU.

Also, Miami losing should move IU up a spot but because they were over ranked to begin with UNC will get a massive jump in the CFP rankings.  Although UNC has losses to TWO sub .500 ACC teams the committee needs to have another ACC team replace Miami in the top 10.  That team will be UNC.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just an FYI, if anyone is expecting IU to jump Florida in the CFP you might want to temper your expectations.

The committee had Georgia ahead of IU with less accolades than Florida.

Florida: best wins: Georgia (7-2), Mizzou (5-4) losses: TAMU (7-1), LSU (4-5)

Georgia: best wins: Auburn (6-4), Mizzou (5-4) losses: Florida (8-2), Alabama (10-0)

Florida will fall just behind Georgia in the CFP rankings but still ahead of IU.

Also, Miami losing should move IU up a spot but because they were over ranked to begin with UNC will get a massive jump in the CFP rankings.  Although UNC has losses to TWO sub .500 ACC teams the committee needs to have another ACC team replace Miami in the top 10.  That team will be UNC.

You gotta imagine Florida will lose to Alabama and they’ll eventually drop behind us anyway. Same goes for either Oklahoma or Iowa State. Just need to make sure they don’t slot Iowa in front of us...even if NW somehow jumps us they will fall right back behind us after losing to OSU. I can’t imagjne UNC jumps all the way ahead of us with 3 losses and 2 of those losses to sub .500 teams. I feel like we should be in great position but I am ready to have my heart ripped out just like in the 4th quarter of IU teams of old. I don’t think we’re going to end up playing next week but if for somehow we decide to give it a go, I’m thinking it could do more potential damage than good. As much as I would love to watch our Hoosiers play next week, I think the program understands its position in regards to a NY6 bowl. Now if we get shafted and dropped to 14/15 in the latest CFP rankings, then LETS PLAY!

25 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

You gotta imagine Florida will lose to Alabama and they’ll eventually drop behind us anyway. Same goes for either Oklahoma or Iowa State. Just need to make sure they don’t slot Iowa in front of us...even if NW somehow jumps us they will fall right back behind us after losing to OSU. I can’t imagjne UNC jumps all the way ahead of us with 3 losses and 2 of those losses to sub .500 teams. I feel like we should be in great position but I am ready to have my heart ripped out just like in the 4th quarter of IU teams of old. I don’t think we’re going to end up playing next week but if for somehow we decide to give it a go, I’m thinking it could do more potential damage than good. As much as I would love to watch our Hoosiers play next week, I think the program understands its position in regards to a NY6 bowl. Now if we get shafted and dropped to 14/15 in the latest CFP rankings, then LETS PLAY!

I’m not too thrilled about the CFP Chair being 1) an idiot and 2) Iowa’s AD as it relates to our NY6 chances. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

More coaches complaining about COVID. These coaches are trying to justify losing to crappy teams. Not a word about this until a horrendous loss to LSU

Wasn’t he the same dip **** that wanted to have a full stadium of fans because they lost to A&M due to their fans 

Why would the Big Ten screw over IU again by having them play Purdue over Iowa? If Iowa beats UM and IU beats Purdue, both probably will be pretty handedly, there’s a chance the Big Ten’s only NY6 team is O$U. Would’ve liked to see the Hoosiers smack the Hawkeyes and get a lock for the NY6.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Why would the Big Ten screw over IU again by having them play Purdue over Iowa? If Iowa beats UM and IU beats Purdue, both probably will be pretty handedly, there’s a chance the Big Ten’s only NY6 team is O$U. Would’ve liked to see the Hoosiers smack the Hawkeyes and get a lock for the NY6.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The Iowa AD, head of the CFP committee, is hoping to sneak his Hawkeyes into a NY6 bowl game by "thumping" a namebrand in Michigan.  Iowa doesn't have a win over a team with a winning ranking BUT that won't apply to Iowa when they jump IU in the CFP rankings.  Also, please ignore the losses to purdoodoo and Northwestern.  That was so long ago and those teams were great at the time!

The Iowa AD, head of the CFP committee, is hoping to sneak his Hawkeyes into a NY6 bowl game by "thumping" a namebrand in Michigan.  Iowa doesn't have a win over a team with a winning ranking BUT that won't apply to Iowa when they jump IU in the CFP rankings.  Also, please ignore the losses to purdoodoo and Northwestern.  That was so long ago and those teams were great at the time!

I like a ticked off Aloha :) lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Don't know why, but Auburn firing Malzahn worries me. 

I could see them ponying up $7M or $8M a year and making CTA a nice offer. That might be hard to refuse. Keep in mind, Tracy Smith is from Indiana, loved IU and supposedly was where he wanted to be, too. 

This was my first thought when I saw that news. I was really hoping there wouldn't be many appealing jobs open up. This one definitely worries me. No idea if its a fit or not. And I continue to hope that big time programs will see CTA's record the first 2 years was sub .500 and think it will take him too long to build up their program, thus leaning toward someone they think can make an immediate turn around. 

39 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This was my first thought when I saw that news. I was really hoping there wouldn't be many appealing jobs open up. This one definitely worries me. No idea if its a fit or not. And I continue to hope that big time programs will see CTA's record the first 2 years was sub .500 and think it will take him too long to build up their program, thus leaning toward someone they think can make an immediate turn around. 

Makes you wonder, too, if they didn't already have someone in mind -- meaning CTA.

Malzahn's record wan't bad. He was 68-35 at Auburn and lost a national title game and an SEC title game (win that and you're most assuredly in the CFP) and a couple years back, signed a big contract extension. ... Auburn was interested in Allen twice before for its DC -- once when he was at South Florida and right before he was named the top man in Bloomington. ... Yikes, this one has me fretting. 

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Don't know why, but Auburn firing Malzahn worries me. 

I could see them ponying up $7M or $8M a year and making CTA a nice offer. That might be hard to refuse. Keep in mind, Tracy Smith is from Indiana, loved IU and supposedly was where he wanted to be, too. 

I think they want Freeze, but it’ll be something to keep an eye out for.