Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Make no mistake, the committee doesn't actually think IU should be 12th. This latest CFP ranking is a message. The committee is sending a message to the Big Ten. "We're not putting IUFB in the CFP race so y'all better find a way to get OSU in there." Remember, Iowa's AD is head of the committee and the Big Ten AD meeting to decide what to do is tomorrow morning at 8:30am. This was calculated. 

8 minutes ago, dreachon said:

Make no mistake, the committee doesn't actually think IU should be 12th. This latest CFP ranking is a message. The committee is sending a message to the Big Ten. "We're not putting IUFB in the CFP race so y'all better find a way to get OSU in there." Remember, Iowa's AD is head of the committee and the Big Ten AD meeting to decide what to do is tomorrow morning at 8:30am. This was calculated. 

Come on Peyton Ramsey I guess is all I can say if that’s true 

We’re officially a football school if we’re now getting pissed at the politicking BS that goes on in this dirty God-forgiven sport. 

Good point, while the CFP rankings are horrible and annoying, it’s always been my Michigan friends bi****** about them and me being the one not caring because the Pinstripe Bowl projections haven’t changed! What a world.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

38 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Really looking forward to Iowa barely beating Wisconsin at home then jumps over us in the rankings. Then USC escapes against UCLA to jump us because you gotta have a Pac 12 team in consideration for the CFP, doesn't matter if they deserve it.

This.  We could have beaten OSU by a point and their is no doubt they would have taken Bama, Clemson/ND, Florida/Texas A&M, and USC over us.

They would have just downgraded OSU.  Not thrown them completely out of the Top 25 like they did to Wisconsin but it would have been a significant drop.

Sad part is I don’t know if anyone except CTA would have called them out on it.  Definitely not the President.  Doubt if Dolson would have thrown too much of a fit.  Sad.

29 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Assuming UNC holds the massive lead against Miami and knocks them off, do we see the CFP committee propel 3-loss UNC ahead of us???

They could win by 3 and they'd be moved above us

30 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Assuming UNC holds the massive lead against Miami and knocks them off, do we see the CFP committee propel 3-loss UNC ahead of us???

Absolutely, they'll ignore their horrific loss to a 1 win FSU team (that lone conference win came against UNC).  I didn't think Miami was good but I didn't know they were this level of bad either.  Don't be surprised to see Northwestern pass us either because we didn't play this week..

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What other random $EC or ACC team do they put in the CFP top 25 Tuesday?  Mizzou had no reason to be close to the top 25..

Once Virginia beats Va Tech tonight by 7. Don't let that record fool you, best 4-4 team in years!

Has a team with a negative point differential and only being 1 game above .500 been ranked in the top 25 before? Lets get it done dummies!

Edit: Another qualification would be obviously occurring this late in the year. I'm sure there have been 2-1 or 3-2 teams with negative point differentials ranked before

24 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Absolutely, they'll ignore their horrific loss to a 1 win FSU team (that lone conference win came against UNC).  I didn't think Miami was good but I didn't know they were this level of bad either.  Don't be surprised to see Northwestern pass us either because we didn't play this week..

Not only Northwestern passing us but if Iowa has a big second half I wouldn’t be surprised.

Part of me thinks we did this to ourselves if we miss a New Years 6 bowl and part of me is pissed.

There is no doubt Iowa has an excellent chance to pass us and probably shouldn't, but if we could of kept Covid under control we would of been able to settle it on the field this coming week. Now with the Covid outbreak we are very likely to be off until our Bowl Game which will probably relegate us to Citrus or Outback. If we want New Years 6 we really need to be playing now and we are not. 

The committee has a point that Wisconsin is absolute garbage but are still hosing us unjustly and we should be much higher. Our unfortunate Covid outbreak though is ultimately what could very well keep us out of the best bowl available. 

Otherwise I am not convinced the committee is going to do all this ridiculous stuff people are talking about. Either way by not playing right now we have put our fate in the committee and other teams hands which is never a good thing.   

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Part of me thinks we did this to ourselves if we miss a New Years 6 bowl and part of me is pissed.

There is no doubt Iowa has an excellent chance to pass us and probably shouldn't, but if we could of kept Covid under control we would of been able to settle it on the field this coming week. Now with the Covid outbreak we are very likely to be off until our Bowl Game which will probably relegate us to Citrus or Outback. If we want New Years 6 we really need to be playing now and we are not.   

You are absolutely clueless. Good lord. 

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

You are absolutely clueless. Good lord. 

Explain how I am cluesless? I said IU is going to get screwed and they are being treated unfairly and it is really unfortunate we are down with Covid right now and really need to be playing to get best ranking possible but cannot.

What about anything I said is inaccurate? I would love to know.