Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Kevin Warren isn’t to blame for any of what you said. B1G Presidents/Chancellors are. Warren is their mouthpiece. 

That people still don’t understand this blows my mind. 

Yes but Warren’s job is to communicate, which he did a tremendously awful job at. I seriously do not understand how he mishandled the entire situation so poorly. Fans, players, and coaches were consistently left without any information; and when decisions were made, there was no logic or reasoning provided.

He’s an awful commissioner.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, HoosierDYT said:

Yes but Warren’s job is to communicate, which he did a tremendously awful job at. I seriously do not understand how he mishandled the entire situation so poorly. Fans, players, and coaches were consistently left without any information; and when decisions were made, there was no logic or reasoning provided.

The only people allowed to determine that are the 14 university presidents. Who voted for these courses of action. 

Its a combination of both; the presidents/chancellors were wishy washy between the health risks and the financial windfall of having a normal/truncated/loss of a football season. On the other hand, Warren being a rookie commissioner doesn't seem to have the PR or political savvy yet to sway the university leaders to a definitive viewpoint like Delany for better or worse was able to.

27 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

From a PR standpoint he did a terrible job and I’ve mentioned that here before, but in the grand scheme that doesn’t really matter. The people actually making these decisions went back and forth on what to do for months. That’s not Warren. 

45 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

From a PR standpoint he did a terrible job and I’ve mentioned that here before, but in the grand scheme that doesn’t really matter. The people actually making these decisions went back and forth on what to do for months. That’s not Warren. 

A big part of Warren's job is to provide leadership. He falls far short on that score. He is not experienced or confident enough to influence the presidents.

14 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

A big part of Warren's job is to provide leadership. He falls far short on that score. He is not experienced or confident enough to influence the presidents.

Seems kind of crazy to expect one person who has been on the job for less than a year to influence 14 extremely powerful people that have complete control over their universities, and at least one we know for sure that aren’t “sports people”. 

I’m not a Warren apologist as it may seem, but the presidents should be catching 95% of the flack for the B1G’s mishandling of this situation. Coaches and AD’s were pushing from the beginning for answers and the presidents sat on their own thumbs. 

3 hours ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Not often we expect leadership from the employee with 14 bosses.  

Dudes a figurehead to handle day to day operations. Nothing more.  His powers arent set up to react to global pandemics 

Politics again mixed with sports and the B1G embarrassed themselves. They wanted to be trendsetters and righteous. Glad the SEC had some courage to make thing happen or else football would have been canceled for the year unnecessarily.

B1G should have more egg on its face than it does.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

E525A198-93EE-4F6B-ABDB-536D9717F8AA.jpeg

If ND beats Clemson again, Alabama beats Florida in the SEC Title game, and we beat Purdue and either top 15 NW in the B1G title game or top 15 Iowa in our crossover game, you gotta like our chances, no? Or does the committee put in Texas AM who lost by 28 already to Bama or a Cincy team who hasn’t played anyone. AM has one win over top 25 team (Florida by 3 at home), we’d have 2 top 25 wins (road and/or neutral) with a single loss on the road to OSU. AM beat Vandy by 5 this year, just saying. You’d hope we’d get the nod.

E525A198-93EE-4F6B-ABDB-536D9717F8AA.thumb.jpeg.93541dba08f21dbaa46e292b19d81761.jpeg
If ND beats Clemson again, Alabama beats Florida in the SEC Title game, and we beat Purdue and either top 15 NW in the B1G title game or top 15 Iowa in our crossover game, you gotta like our chances, no? Or does the committee put in Texas AM who lost by 28 already to Bama or a Cincy team who hasn’t played anyone. AM has one win over top 25 team (Florida by 3 at home), we’d have 2 top 25 wins (road and/or neutral) with a single loss on the road to OSU. AM beat Vandy by 5 this year, just saying. You’d hope we’d get the nod.

Obviously this is the most legit chance we’ve got at the playoff, and I honestly don’t think it’s too terribly unlikely, but do we think it’s best for the program? I might take a win over USC in the Fiesta Bowl over a 30 point loss to the Tide.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Bobman1 said:

Obviously this is the most legit chance we’ve got at the playoff, and I honestly don’t think it’s too terribly unlikely, but do we think it’s best for the program? I might take a win over USC in the Fiesta Bowl over a 30 point loss to the Tide.

Tuttle beats Bama!

I believe!!  :)

The fact IU would be in the ******* CFP would be crazy amounts of amazing PR. If IU somehow didn’t get blown out it’d be even more crazy PR. I’ll take my chances at the CFP.

The fact IU would be in the ******* CFP would be crazy amounts of amazing PR. If IU somehow didn’t get blown out it’d be even more crazy PR. I’ll take my chances at the CFP.

My only fear is that IU would somehow fail to capitalize on that kind of season (i. e. Michigan State). I think Hoosiers are set up well and hope the recruits start making it known this spring.