Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Thought this was interesting.  Still a way to get OSU in the CFP:

If the Big Ten can't play its title game, the two divisional champions will be declared co-champions and any teams ranked in the top four of the final CFP poll will automatically be placed in the playoff.

2 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Looks like IU will move into the top 10 of the CFP rankings this week with Northwestern’s loss and Oklahoma being idle.

Oklahoma might move into the top 5 after being idles because.. they played someone who played someone who won and that looks good for the brand.

Thought this was interesting.  Still a way to get OSU in the CFP:
If the Big Ten can't play its title game, the two divisional champions will be declared co-champions and any teams ranked in the top four of the final CFP poll will automatically be placed in the playoff.

It doesn’t matter who plays in the B1G championship. CFP committee has no requirement, they can take whoever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Looks like IU will move into the top 10 of the CFP rankings this week with Northwestern’s loss and Oklahoma being idle.

Nah. Oklahoma has to be as over ranked as possible, that way when a team deserving of being in the CFP loses to another deserving team, Oklahoma is there to swoop in to just lose again while probably not being competitive

Just waded through the muck at GBI, wanted to say “thank you” to the mods for keeping it civil here! But it’s hysterical to see them turning on their team and each other

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just hate to see it don’t ya? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

Just waded through the muck at GBI, wanted to say “thank you” to the mods for keeping it civil here! But it’s hysterical to see them turning on their team and each other

Thanks, that was fun lol

Alabama is always good. I never think they’ll lose a game lol. It’s unreal what they do year in and year out in the toughest football conference. I don’t see any team beating them this season. In other news, Northwestern played as abysmal as they could’ve given the circumstances. There’s no way to rationalize losing to Michigan State. That team is awful

No idea where to post this but had a GREAT idea.  Stay with me on this..

I want the goal posts widened to about half the distance of the field and holders removed from the game.  The ball is snapped and the kicker has to hit it in the air.  How much fun would that be to watch?!  When fans return to the stands you'd have fans having to duck at the 20 when a kicker shanks one. 

(no i'm not on drugs tonight but this idea came to mind while watching a game earlier)

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

No idea where to post this but had a GREAT idea.  Stay with me on this..

I want the goal posts widened to about half the distance of the field and holders removed from the game.  The ball is snapped and the kicker has to hit it in the air.  How much fun would that be to watch?!  When fans return to the stands you'd have fans having to duck at the 20 when a kicker shanks one. 

(no i'm not on drugs tonight but this idea came to mind while watching a game earlier)

Here's an idea I had. In rugby, after you score a try(football's TD), the conversion(extra point) is taken in line to where the score occurred. For instance, if you score a TD at the sideline, the extra point has to be taken from the sideline rather than anywhere between the hashes like now. I think it's be more interesting than what the NFL does now and just has them kick it further away. 

If thats not feasible, I am in favor of oldie-time drop kicks.

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Here's an idea I had. In rugby, after you score a try(football's TD), the conversion(extra point) is taken in line to where the score occurred. For instance, if you score a TD at the sideline, the extra point has to be taken from the sideline rather than anywhere between the hashes like now. I think it's be more interesting than what the NFL does now and just has them kick it further away. 

I like it!  A little more excitement with mundane kicks would improve the game (I think)

18 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Would be interesting watching coaches scream for their guys to start veering towards the center on long TD passes 

FWIW, the Athletic published an article ranking the top 20 coaches in the carousel this offseason: Feldman: 20 names to know as the college football coaching carousel gets going https://theathletic.com/2228190/2020/11/30/college-football-coaching-carousel-urban-meyer-matt-campbell/?source=user_shared_article.

Allen is left off the list which could be indicative of the national media’s expectation that CTA remains in Bloomington!

47 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

FWIW, the Athletic published an article ranking the top 20 coaches in the carousel this offseason: Feldman: 20 names to know as the college football coaching carousel gets going https://theathletic.com/2228190/2020/11/30/college-football-coaching-carousel-urban-meyer-matt-campbell/?source=user_shared_article.

Allen is left off the list which could be indicative of the national media’s expectation that CTA remains in Bloomington!

At this point whether or not Allen Stays depends on our administration. Are will willing to spend the money to give him the chance to keep building. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

At this point whether or not Allen Stays depends on our administration. Are will willing to spend the money to give him the chance to keep building. 

I think the administration is willing. Question at this point in time is are they capable? COVID really hamstrings a lot of their ability to just pay whatever they want.

Ideally it does for everyone else too and makes the point moot.