Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just saw that and came here to comment. Natty like lightning.

IU vs. Northwestern for the Big Ten Championship would be so 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Watching the Oregon-Oregon St game and saw it pop on the ticker. Was surprised it hadn’t been posted. #johnnyonthespot 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So explain to me how missed games could = no championship for OSU.

2 cancelled games = No Big Ten Championship appearance

That was my understanding anyway. 

I don’t feel like reading all of this but here’s some added info. 
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Explaining-Big-Ten-Championship-tiebreakers-with-canceled-games-COVID-19-153768797/

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So explain to me how missed games could = no championship for OSU.

You have to play 6 games to be eligible, unless the average number of games for Big 10 schools falls under 5.5. I saw that there are 38 games left to be played, and only 13 need to actually be played to reach the average. 

2 cancelled games = No Big Ten Championship appearance
That was my understanding anyway. 

I don’t feel like reading all of this but here’s some added info. 
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Explaining-Big-Ten-Championship-tiebreakers-with-canceled-games-COVID-19-153768797/

Zero chance the B1G allows this to happen to its golden boy. They will find a way.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Zero chance the B1G allows this to happen to its golden boy. They will find a way.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If another opponent cancels *cough* Michigan *cough*   I’m sure the Big Ten will do whatever it takes to find them a game 

Hypothetically IF Ohio State has another game cancelled and IU runs the table and win the B1G Championship game, am I crazy for thinking we’d be headed to the College Football Playoffs??? We’d be 8-1 with a road win against top 20 Wisconsin and a win over top 8 NW and a B1G Championship with our only loss at OSU by a touchdown. Does anybody else think Harbaugh is gonna have his players licking doorknobs to screw over OSU in his final year at Michigan. In my book, that would be counted as his only win against Ohio State!

I find it so interesting that three of the nation's blue-blood programs (or maybe former blue-blood program in Nebraska's case) have coaches pretty much their entire fan base clamored for. They just HAD to have these guys ... 

Michigan -- Jim Harbaugh
Nebraska -- Scott Frost
Texas ---Tom Herman

These guys were gonna come in, unite the fan base and compete for conference and even national titles. How's that working out? Harbaugh and Herman are on the proverbial hot seat and while Frost probably hasn't been back in Huskerville long enough to be on the hot seat, he doesn't appear to be making many friends. 

Meanwhile, we chug along with little ol' Tom Allen at the helm. 

Kinda fun, isn't it? 

Hypothetically IF Ohio State has another game cancelled and IU runs the table and win the B1G Championship game, am I crazy for thinking we’d be headed to the College Football Playoffs??? We’d be 8-1 with a road win against top 20 Wisconsin and a win over top 8 NW and a B1G Championship with our only loss at OSU by a touchdown. Does anybody else think Harbaugh is gonna have his players licking doorknobs to screw over OSU in his final year at Michigan. In my book, that would be counted as his only win against Ohio State!

I believe they’d have the 12th place SEC team in before IU. IF that somehow does play out that way we’d have to at least be knocking on the door.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Might buy him another year from the fanbase 

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

The CFP took Ohio St a few years ago over Penn St though PSU won the B1G and beat O$U head to head solely cuz PSU had 2 losses in September compared to O$U's 1. If anything, they'll use this wacky year as an excuse to put an undefeated Cincinnati or BYU in to keep some grandstanding Senator off their behind.