Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

College football is a mess right now. I am starting to doubt the viability of this season as well as college basketball. The SEC has four games postponed, and now the BIG has another game canceled. 

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Article/Maryland-Football-Ohio-State-game-cancelled-due-to-COVID-19-outbreak-154607000/

Now the buckeyes get an extra four days to prepare for the Hoosiers. 

RE: Maryland vs OSU cancelled.

I was on the cautious side of the “Covid continuum”  but once the BT decided to play I did not, and never will, understand why they put together a schedule with zero slack to make up games that would inevitably be cancelled.  Once the decision to play was made they could have easily started one or two weeks earlier, allowing for open dates, in order to be able to make up games. Really dumb.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, Bobman1 said:

IU @ OSU slated for 12PM on Fox. Gameday if both teams TCOB?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I say we beat MSU Saturday then claim COVID-19 cases to cancel the OSU game. Brings them one cancellation away from being not eligible for the BigTen championship game and keeps IU undefeated in the division. 

25 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I say we beat MSU Saturday then claim COVID-19 cases to cancel the OSU game. Brings them one cancellation away from being not eligible for the BigTen championship game and keeps IU undefeated in the division. 

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this..

15 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Pretty sure Michigan is going to have some Covid cases that week. It’s the only way to avoid a beat down 

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pretty sure Michigan is going to have some Covid cases that weak. It’s the only way to avoid a beat down 

This actually brings up an interesting point, that I'm too lazy to look up the answer for myself. Is there anything saying 2 teams whose opponents during the same week have to cancel due to COVID cases can't just play each other? For example, say Michigan does have to cancel during the last week of the season but Ohio St. is fine to play. If for some reason Rutgers (Maryland's opponent that week) has to cancel, but Maryland is fine to play, can OSU and Maryland just decide to reschedule their game for that week? That may end up being the only way someone could get 6 games in. 

16 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This actually brings up an interesting point, that I'm too lazy to look up the answer for myself. Is there anything saying 2 teams whose opponents during the same week have to cancel due to COVID cases can't just play each other? For example, say Michigan does have to cancel during the last week of the season but Ohio St. is fine to play. If for some reason Rutgers (Maryland's opponent that week) has to cancel, but Maryland is fine to play, can OSU and Maryland just decide to reschedule their game for that week? That may end up being the only way someone could get 6 games in. 

I'm sure they could find a way, but I wouldn't bet on it with the idiot we have running the league now. Nebraska tried to get a game with an FCS team the week Wisconsin cancelled on them and he wouldn't allow it. 

23 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

SEC, B1G and Pac12 just allowed that exact scenario to happen as of yesterday. 

Interesting to see what develops at Notre Dame as Brian Kelly recorded his 100th win today as ND head coach.  ND's legendary Knute Rockne had 105 and it's always been viewed as sacred.  Theoretically, Kelly could reach 106 this year by going undefeated and winning the national championship.

Interesting to see what develops at Notre Dame as Brian Kelly recorded his 100th win today as ND head coach.  ND's legendary Knute Rockne had 105 and it's always been viewed as sacred.  Theoretically, Kelly could reach 106 this year by going undefeated and winning the national championship.

Technically he has 79. They vacated 21 wins from 2012-13. I will be shocked if they let him get to 106, they wouldn’t let Lou break it and they actually liked him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app