Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Beginning of Michigan-Minnesota game.

Michigan gets the ball in great field position

Gets called for incredibly dumb personal foul on the first play of drive

"I like it, show you're gonna out physical them" - Herbstreet

Go three and out mostly due to dumb penalty

Punt gets blocked

Minnesota scores quickly after

So why was that personal foul fine again? I just think of that gif of Terry Cruz screaming football when u hear comments like that

On 10/20/2020 at 8:42 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Looks as if Ramsey is QB1 for the Wildkitties. Who'dve thunk that one day, IU would have two starting Big Ten QBs! 

I am not a fan of intra-conference transfers. IU having 2 of last year's "Captains" starting for other B1G teams is putrid, IMO.

Wisconsin quarterback Graham Mertz reportedly tested positive for Covid 19. According to BIG rules he has to sit out 21 days if true.

That would seemingly really hurt Wisconsin as they would be down to the 3rd string and have Nebraska, Purdue, and Michigan in the next three games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

31 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Wisconsin quarterback Graham Mertz reportedly tested positive for Covid 19. According to BIG rules he has to sit out 21 days if true.

That would seemingly really hurt Wisconsin as they would be down to the 3rd string and have Nebraska, Purdue, and Michigan in the next three games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 days seems like an excessive amount of time to make them sit out.. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

21 days seems like an excessive amount of time to make them sit out.. 

Quarantine period + cardiac testing/results time + an abundance of caution that is likely to leave the B1G in as good of or better a spot than any other conference when this season is all said and done. 

Solution to the Wisconsin / Nebraska fiasco:

Disclaimer: Assume Wisconsin is able to start practicing again after the 7 day period and, 9th string QB or whatever, doesn't cancel any other games. 

Nebraska's game vs. Iowa is already scheduled for the Friday after Thanksgiving. Wisconsin plays Minnesota that Saturday. Move both of them to Thursday, Thanksgiving night. Or during the day, whatever. There are only 2 other college football games that day...and yeah some NFL games to compete with, who cares. They would be the marquee college football games that day. 

Nebraska and Wisconsin turn around and play on the following Monday. Fall semester is already over for Nebraska (I think) and Wisconsin's classes will have all moved to virtual starting that week. They both have the exact same amount of rest. They'll complain about not having enough time off, but the MAC often had teams play on Saturday, then turn around for a Wednesday night game. It can happen. 

Both resume their normal schedules for the final 2 weeks of the season. Or, if they absolutely need an extra day of rest/practice, move Nebraska's game against Purdue and our game vs. Wisconsin to Sunday, Dec. 6th. 

I know, I know....they'll do everything possible to not schedule against NFL games. But do they want to get the games in or not? They (the league) backed themselves into this corner. Surely.....SURELY they are exploring ways to not have this whole thing fall apart. 

Second disclaimer: This assumes no other games across the league are cancelled/postponed, which seems impossible.