Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

IU football is expected to stink. None of our fans have expectations of winning 10 games, the division, and going to a New Years bowl.

Plus we didn’t pay our coach $40 mil after going 13-13 his first two seasons.

We can relish in this Purdue flop regardless of what happens to IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We can ALWAYS relish in Purdue flops...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If Purdue can make that kind of investment in football it makes IU look terrible in comparison. They still run the program on the cheap.

You know how much you’d be whining like an entitled brat if we had the results that Purdue has had for the money they paid Brohm?

Get outta here.

48 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You know how much you’d be whining like an entitled brat if we had the results that Purdue has had for the money they paid Brohm?

Get outta here.

Brohm took over a program that had went 1-11, 3-9, 2-10, and 3-9 over the four previous seasons and took them to back to back bowl games. Allen took over a program that had went to back to back bowl games and has missed a bowl the past two years. We can bemoan the fact we're in the harder division, but we don't beat the West teams we play either. 

Brohm took over a program that had went 1-11, 3-9, 2-10, and 3-9 over the four previous seasons and took them to back to back bowl games. Allen took over a program that had went to back to back bowl games and has missed a bowl the past two years. We can bemoan the fact we're in the harder division, but we don't beat the West teams we play either. 

Literally a completely different conversation but okay.

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Literally a completely different conversation but okay.

No it's not, at all. Brohm took over a program that was a complete disaster. He instantly turned them around. You said that Gradman would "be whining like an entitled brat" if we had the results Purdue has had for what they're paying Brohm. Brohm has won 3x as many Big 10 games in 2 years as Purdue did the 4 years before him. They're paying him a lot and they've gotten their money's worth. He turned them around immediately and has them on the upswing. They blew out Ohio State last season. That's almost worth the money by itself. 

No it's not, at all. Brohm took over a program that was a complete disaster. He instantly turned them around. You said that Gradman would "be whining like an entitled brat" if we had the results Purdue has had for what they're paying Brohm. Brohm has won 3x as many Big 10 games in 2 years as Purdue did the 4 years before him. They're paying him a lot and they've gotten their money's worth. He turned them around immediately and has them on the upswing. They blew out Ohio State last season. That's almost worth the money by itself. 

He would be whining. Trust.

Well considering they extended him after last season it is yet to be seen if they have “gotten their money’s worth”

He has coached one game under this new contract.....and he lost

NW just called a QB draw on 3rd and 14 at midfield with 3:30 left and down to Stanford by 3. I’m trying to think of a more blatant example of a Coach telling a QB “you suck” that I’ve seen lately than that. Not saying I disagree. Hunter Johnson has been godawful. Seems to have no idea what he’s looking at.

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Truth.

Hey the best Pac 12 school lost a neutral site game against a second tier SEC school to start the year again

Can't wait for them to run off 8-9 straight games against at best mediocre teams so the media can talk about them being a potential championship contender. 

I saw Purdue was up by two touchdowns with about 10 minutes left and thought nothing of it after that. I had no idea they lost until yesterday evening when I read this thread.

Rough week for Gregg Doyel. First Luck, and now this.

I really didn’t either for the same reasons as you. Wonder how GBI is holding up.