Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Wait...yes, actually it is. Hooray, he has a history of bad hires :)

On the flip side, at Xavier (98-13) he hired Thad Matta from Butler and promoted Sean Miller and Chris Mack to head coach.

BUT... it seems that the athletic department staff and supporters of Tech weren't sad to see him go.

Georgia Tech was dysfunction junction under Bobinski

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-was-dysfunction-junction-under-bobins/nsCmC/

These two lines are telling...

" Bobinski accepted the athletic director’s job at Purdue. The only smiles bigger than those at Purdue are those at Tech"

" Bobinski may have done a fine job at Akron and Xavier but he seemed overmatched at a school with football in a major conference."

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I wish I could find the posts on the old IU forums where stlboiler was thrilled with the hire and made post after post trying to convince us that Hazell was going to turn them around. 

Cupboard is still dry. Just wait for Hazell to get his talent in there

Purdue fans are tired of being mediocre or worse in sports.  This new AD needs to make a home run hire to excite the fanbase.  I'd hire a Purdoo guy, somebody they can all rally behind.  If they can get a guy with NFL experience too, it would really help.  Maybe a guy like Ryan Grigson?

Some folks I know through my wife's family from Baton Rouge seem to think PUke is where Les Miles ends up. I don't think they realize PUke won't be able to afford him. He honestly wouldn't scare me there. He underachieved with 5* talent at LSU, he wouldn't do any better with 3* talent at PU.

Sent from my LG-D850 using BtownBanners mobile app

Some folks I know through my wife's family from Baton Rouge seem to think PUke is where Les Miles ends up. I don't think they realize PUke won't be able to afford him. He honestly wouldn't scare me there. He underachieved with 5* talent at LSU, he wouldn't do any better with 3* talent at PU.

Sent from my LG-D850 using BtownBanners mobile app

It is not only the amount you have to pay Miles to consider but he is used to having highly paid assistant coaches with him. Could PU double (maybe triple) the head coaching salary and more than double to cost for top coordinators?

Not sure pu would have to pay him a lot of money as his LSU contract would pay the difference. I don't see Miles in West Laffy though.

I truly see pUKe throwing all that cash towards Miles, will not be surprised one bit to see him there next year.

Just now, ThompsonHoosier said:

Saw somewhere on twitter that our own DC Tom Allen was a candidate for the Purdue job...I seriously hope that doesn't happen!

That would suck.  I doubt he'd go though their facilities are crap recruiting is going to be so difficult . Better to bide his time for a better job. 

2 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Saw somewhere on twitter that our own DC Tom Allen was a candidate for the Purdue job...I seriously hope that doesn't happen!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard one of the commentators state his dream job was to be a DC in the B1G. Hopefully that stays true and he likes being close to home.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In addition, remember that Coach Allen's son is committed to IU. Hopefully that buys us some time with Coach Allen.

There's no doubt Coach Allen will be a head coach some day. I just hope he holds out for a position much better than Purdoo.