Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Yogi Ferrell - Partizan Basketball Club (Serbia)

Huge props to Yogi for working his way into the NBA (and possibly Europe in the future) at 6’0. Who knows what he could have done if he was 6’4”+ but he was still able to prove some naysayers wrong. Is he a “star”….no, but he is 28 and has earned a little over 8 million dollars. If he has been smart with his money he should be set for life. Congrats to him.

The Daily Hoosier reporting Yogi is going overseas to play in Greece for Panathinaikos BC.

He’s So good. Sooooo short. He probably deserves better but he’s maximized his skillset.

Can we finally put a good team alumni team into the Summer Tournament, with Yogi leading the pack?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I want to say Panathinaikos plays about as high up as you can get in Europe? Yogi should excel there with his speed. NBA quality of life is pretty great, but it could certainly be worse than being wealthy and living in the Mediterranean.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:58 AM, DChoosier said:

Huge props to Yogi for working his way into the NBA (and possibly Europe in the future) at 6’0. Who knows what he could have done if he was 6’4”+ but he was still able to prove some naysayers wrong. Is he a “star”….no, but he is 28 and has earned a little over 8 million dollars. If he has been smart with his money he should be set for life. Congrats to him.

Just wanted to say, I have met him and he is definitely NOT 6 foot.  I'm slightly taller than 6 feet and had at least two inches on him. At best he's 5'10".   Makes it even more impressive that he made it to the NBA.   

Congrats to Yogi. I was reading that the Chinese League is the second highest paying league in the world (only behind the NBA), he will almost assuredly be making 7 figures, the team pays his income taxes (ie he nets his entire salary) and their season is 6 months rather than the 9 in Europe.