Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Yogi Ferrell - Partizan Basketball Club (Serbia)

1 minute ago, biteoftheapple said:

I do not know the answer, a question I have is a team forced to place a player on waivers if he doesnt stick after a few call ups?

I can't say with 100% certainty but I don't think so.  For Yogi, the writing may have been on the wall with the recent bouncing back and forth the Nets were doing with him.  It's even possible they were trying to 'shop' him in the hopes of another team expressing an interest in his skill set.

10 minutes ago, HoosierRob said:

Yogi would have the same problem that joe does. Too many ball handlers in front of him to see the floor.

I wouldn't expect him to see the floor much. Having said that, if Brooks or Teague were to go down I'd prefer Yogi as a backup pg than Young. Young just isn't a point guard, can't run an offense very well. 

Guard Yogi Ferrell has rejoined the Long Island Nets, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, after clearing NBA waivers. He will be available tonight for Long Island’s road game at Maine.

Ferrell started the season on Long Island’s roster and became the first GATORADE Call-Up in Long Island Nets history when he signed with the Brooklyn Nets on November 9. In 10 games with Brooklyn, Ferrell posted averages of 5.4 points, 1.7 assists and 1.2 rebounds in 15.1 minutes per game. During his time with Brooklyn, Ferrell also played two games for Long Island on assignment, averaging 11.0 points, 6.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds in 25.2 minutes per contest. He was waived by Brooklyn on December 8.

http://longisland.dleague.nba.com/news/yogi-ferrell-rejoins-long-island-nets/

11 hours ago, hsrtxp said:

So waived and then picked up again by the same team? What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My understanding could be completely wrong so if so I hope other posters will correct me.  I believe that when Brooklyn waived him and he cleared the waiver wire, his ties to Brooklyn were completely severed.  Although he rejoined the LI Nets in D-League, if some other team wants to sign him they are free to do so and oftentimes it's a 10-day contract to fill-in for an injured player.  I'm afraid Yogi is going to have to really sparkle in D-League if he wants to make it back to the big show on a permanent basis.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I told CWat we need to get his brother to IUBB. His response isn't encouraging. Kind of chuckled and said idk, we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I mentioned earlier in this thread that during the course of this past summer's AAU season that I never saw mention of any IU staff at Trendon's events.