Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

According to their system it wouldn’t be. I imagine the composite would have our class as top ten. Either way I am not stressing it. I said before we started getting commits and people were freaking out I would be shocked with a top 20 class in his first year. We are right there. We are going to be a lot bigger than we used to be. I like that aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Can't wait to have some shooters and length in addition to a few guys having a year under their belt with Archie. Hoping Archie adds a big grad transfer to back up DD.

28 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Didn’t realize our class currently sat at 20 on there. Figured it would be top 15 for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Worth noting that they are not including top 100 recruit Race Thompson, because even though he's taking a red-shirt and has four years left, he's technically a 2017. Imagine that including Race would already put us around the top 15.

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

New 247 rankings.

50. JEROME HUNTER

91. DAMEZI ANDerson

106. Rob Phinisee

132. Jake Forrester

All moved up some quite a bit. Our class ranking should bump up a spot a two as well.

You think THAT's good?

Wait til they find out that Rob Phinisee is now up to 7'2"!

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Worth noting that they are not including top 100 recruit Race Thompson, because even though he's taking a red-shirt and has four years left, he's technically a 2017. Imagine that including Race would already put us around the top 15.

If you added Race to the class according to 247 we would have the number 16 class. If you add Romeo to the class we have the number 4 class and if you add Race and Romeo we would have the number 3 class as of right now. Those numbers would change as UK and Duke add another recruit or 2 each. All of that was done using the class calculator on 247 also. 

When you got Jim Boeheim, Jim Calhoun, Indiana, Wake Forest, UConn, BC, VCU, Minnesota, Fordham Brown, Hartford, St. Bonaventure, College of Charleston, Loyola, St. Joes and many more in your gym you know your at #Hoopsfest
@BasketBullhoops
Not sure who we were there to see

According to their system it wouldn’t be. I imagine the composite would have our class as top ten. Either way I am not stressing it. I said before we started getting commits and people were freaking out I would be shocked with a top 20 class in his first year. We are right there. We are going to be a lot bigger than we used to be. I like that aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah,with tbe length the closeouts on shooters should be much improved.
I think the packline to be successful depends on having long athletes.They're on the way.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

When you got Jim Boeheim, Jim Calhoun, Indiana, Wake Forest, UConn, BC, VCU, Minnesota, Fordham Brown, Hartford, St. Bonaventure, College of Charleston, Loyola, St. Joes and many more in your gym you know your at #Hoopsfest
@BasketBullhoops
Not sure who we were there to see

Maybe Walter Ellis from South Bend.

None of these teams or players look familiar.

@Coachhasson: Thanks to college coaches in attendance from Drexel, La Salle, St Joe's, Penn State, Miami, Indiana, and USciences #Phillyhoops #WCPHolidayShowcase

http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/869420?referrer_id=1566508

Archbishop Ryan vs. Cheltenham, 1:00 PM
This event was supposed to be PA vs. NJ, but there was a last-minute dropout by Notre Dame Prep (N.J.), so instead it’s Cheltenham that’s filling in to make this a CoBL-area clash. Joe Zeglinki’s Raiders come in 3-2, though they lost to Penn Charter their last time out; Ryan is led by junior guards Amin Bryant (6-3), Colin Reed (6-4) and Jaquill Stone (6-0), though senior guards Devon Vargas (5-11) and Anthony Woodard (6-0) can both hit double-figures in the scoring column as well. Cheltenham’s featured piece is 6-6 senior wing Jack Clark, a bouncy La Salle commit with 3-point shooting abilities, but senior point guard Ahmad Bickley (5-10) and junior forward Kiyn Healy (6-6) are future college ballplayers as well.

Girard College vs. Bishop Loughlin, 2:45 PM
After dropping a game to Archbishop Wood last night, Girard College will look to bounce back on Saturday against Loughlin. The Cavs feature 6-7 sophomore Mikeal Jones, one of the more promising prospects in the region in the class of 2020. Junior Daiquan Copeland is also off to a great start this season; overall, Girard College has all five starters (and its top seven in general) back from a runner-up finish in the PIAA Class A tournament. Loughlin lost it’s two best players, Keith Williams (Cincinnati) and Markquis Nowell (Patrick School), but they return a pair of twins, in juniors Justin and Julian Champagnie.

Bonner-Prendie vs. Pope John XXIII, 4:30 PM
Isaiah Wong has been a huge contribution for the Friars this year; the 6-3 junior has eclipsed the 1,000 point barrier for his career. Bonner’s front court features Rider commit Ajiri Johnson and Tariq Ingraham, a pair of 6-8 rim rattlers. Pope John features Samba Diallo, a 6-6 UMass commit. The versatile swingman is partnered with Sacred Heat commit, 6-foot guard Aaron Clarke.  

West Catholic vs. Mater Dei Prep, 6:15 PM
The host of the event, West Catholic gets the penultimate game, as Jason Hasson leads his young Burrs into yet another challenge. West Catholic starts two freshmen in Zaakir Williamson (6-5) and Jerome Brewer Jr. (6-6), with several others in the rotation; they’re typically led in the scoring column by 6-1 junior Imere Harris or 6-2 junior Samier Kinsler; 6-8 Naadhir Wood mans the middle. Mater Dei Prep features a pair of terrific lead guards in the backcourt in Kenny Jones and Xander Rice. Jones, a 5-11 senior point guard with a scoring touch, is already committed to Loyola (Md.). Rice, a 6-2 guard and son of Monmouth coach King Rice, is a transfer from the recently-closed St. Anthony (N.J.), and he picked up an offer from Pitt this summer among several other mid-major looks.

Archbishop Carroll vs. Our Saviour Lutheran, 8:00 PM
Coming off of a convincing win over Shipley, Carroll is led by sophomore A.J. Hoggard, who is back in the lineup after missing a few games. The 6-4 guard is joined by Luke House, a 6-5 junior guard who’s off to a terrific start this season. Seniors Keyon Butler (6-4) and Devon Ferrero (6-5) make up the frontcourt for the 4-2 Patriots. OSL is led by senior Seton Hall commit Jared Rhoden, a versatile 6-7 swingman worth great court vision and a quick release jumper. Sophomore Posh Alexander, a powerful 5-11 guard, has tons of potential and is shaping up to be one of the premier talents on the east coast in his class.

21 minutes ago, Jam said:

Jordan Tucker transferring from Duke. What a shock!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

No surprising to me wasn't getting to play much and there are incoming players next year plus players in front of him. Didn't really fit in.