Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

I'm wondering if/how pre-emptive Archie is going to be toward blue chip recruits.  As it appears that the NBA restriction on drafting H.S. players may be lifted in the not so distant future, I can see an added emphasis on low 5 stars and high 4 stars instead of potentially wasting time on top 10 players.  I guess one would have to gauge players on an individual basis, but it seems every H.S. player that has a chance ultimately wants to go pro (i.e. rarely will a super recruit opt to go to college if he knows he can jump to the NBA).

Kinda OT, but my Facebook memories today showed that I posted November 22, 2010:

After today's win over Evansville, Tom Crean had two players, 6'6"
Collin Hartman (Cathedral HS) and 6'5" Devin Davis (Warren Central HS),
commit to Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kinda OT, but my Facebook memories today showed that I posted November 22, 2010:

After today's win over Evansville, Tom Crean had two players, 6'6"
Collin Hartman (Cathedral HS) and 6'5" Devin Davis (Warren Central HS),
commit to Indiana.

Both still playing 7 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Peegs said IU could land Galloway if they prioritized him. Also said IU would have to really screw up to not land Curt Hopf should they choose to pursue him. Archie and his staff have done a great job recruiting in the state and making an impact on kids.

Not meant as sarcasm but are these kids we truly want?  I'm familiar with their names but don't have any knowledge of just how good they are or can be.

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not meant as sarcasm but are these kids we truly want?  I'm familiar with their names but don't have any knowledge of just how good they are or can be.

They are both freshmen, and they are both really good. Time will tell if they develop into high major D1 players.

The staff needs to take a look at Keagan O’Neill out of Barr-Reeve. 6’8” 240lb sophomore. He opened the season with a 26 point 14 rebound performance against Washington. Has great footwork and range out to the 3 point line to keep defenders honest. Not saying he is high major D1 yet but someone to keep an eye on. Also plays for a winning program with excellent fundamental development. Just my 2 cents. 

For the first time this year I looked at where the top 40 kids were going (according to 24/7 sports).  One thing really jumped out....31 of the top 40 have already committed and only two of those 31 kids is going to a Big Ten school.  (a Chicago kid going to UI and a PG going to MD)

All of Big Ten - 2

Kansas - 4

Duke - 3

UK -3 (plus several strong leans)

Oregon - 3 ??

Arizona - 2

Vandy - 2 ??

Southern Cal - 2 ??

For the first time this year I looked at where the top 40 kids were going (according to 24/7 sports).  One thing really jumped out....31 of the top 40 have already committed and only two of those 31 kids is going to a Big Ten school.  (a Chicago kid going to UI and a PG going to MD)

All of Big Ten - 2
Kansas - 4
Duke - 3
UK -3 (plus several strong leans)
Oregon - 3 ??
Arizona - 2
Vandy - 2 ??
Southern Cal - 2 ??

The $EC has been terrible for awhile. They suddenly start landing elite talent at more schools than just puke. The $EC solution is to just throw money at it...

Kyle Guy with 21 for U.Va. today against Lehigh. Boy, wouldn't it be nice to see him chuckin' it from the cheap seats while wearing the cream & crimson! Especially this season, when we apparently have nobody who can shoot from beyond 10 feet. With us, Notre Dame and the Purdues, our Mr. Basketballs should not be getting away from the state! (Of course, I prefer they go to B-town, but still ...) 

Read the article USPS shared. Picks us as the sleeper class in Eric Bossi's opinion. Says Hunter has NBA potential and Phinisee is improving. Adds that Damezi could have a higher ceiling as well. I like Forrester to play a role too. 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rival-views--201

Good read. I've been bullish on Hunter and Phinissee. Hunter, I think is going to be a star and maybe wont be around past 2 seasons. RP is a flat out winner who I think can be in contention for conference POY by the time he's a senior. I've stated it before but this class is a really good class, in terms of potential and laying a foundation to be able to contend nationally. 

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Didn’t realize our class currently sat at 20 on there. Figured it would be top 15 for sure.

Guessing it will get a bump. If not, I'm not concerned. Always felt like the 2019 class would be the one to move the needle for us, romeo or not. 

Add Romeo and I see it as a fringe top 5 class. Regardless, I am happy with Archie's first class. Not getting my hopes up on Romeo though.

According to their system it wouldn’t be. I imagine the composite would have our class as top ten. Either way I am not stressing it. I said before we started getting commits and people were freaking out I would be shocked with a top 20 class in his first year. We are right there. We are going to be a lot bigger than we used to be. I like that aspect.