Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not sure what class he'll be in, but I have it on good authority that this is one of Archie's latest targets.   USPS can you shed any light on this news?   :farting_smiley:

DFQYHWuXgAAHtG6.jpg

It's almost as if Tom Crean taught him that defensive stance! 

31 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1500648764.763558.jpg
Pure shooter like his dad was but not looking good on the defense side yet. Deron dunking on him. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I like the way #1 in red is boxing out RoJo. A bit concerning that RoJo is doing the Thomas Bryant thing by complaining to the refs about it.

On 7/17/2017 at 0:33 PM, Stuhoo said:

As I coach a little and see how the game has evolved, I give less and less credence to assigning positions to players. The team on the court needs five players who can collectively cover all of the skill sets needed to win. Therefore, I am cautious to assign someone as a "two" or "three". Just let them all be winning basketball players who between them can do everything it takes.

Just based on the players CAM is recruiting, I get the feeling his ideal roster is a couple PG's, a couple 5's, and a lot of multi-skilled guys in the 6-4 to 6-8 range.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:03 AM, bigrod said:

Just based on the players CAM is recruiting, I get the feeling his ideal roster is a couple PG's, a couple 5's, and a lot of multi-skilled guys in the 6-4 to 6-8 range.

I'm fine with that. I prefer a more traditional line-up, but understand that is not the way basketball is going. I do think you still need a strong post presence to succeed though. Look at the recent Final Four teams and there are lots of old-fashioned, back to basket, big men. So obviously you need someone to defend those guys too. Of course, PG is vital, then throw 3 more ballers out there and get after it.

George Conditt's name has been mentioned a couple of times in the past couple of months and although I don't think we've shown any serious interest, here's an update on him from NY2LA.

A lack of depth in size in the 2018 class nationally has continued to see some legitimate sleepers become full blown highly coveted and targeted prospects and 2018 F/C George Conditt IV of Corliss HS (IL) is front and center as one of the hottest.

Standing at 6-10 with a 7 foot plus length wingspan and weighing close to 210 pounds, Conditt is a long lean interior prospect who arguably looks and feels the part of a power forward at the next level.  Given his size and his length the talented young big could slide between either position but one thing that’s for certain is his ceiling is exceptionally high.  Equipped with tons of physical tools, Conditt delivered a tremendous spring and summer effort that displayed a versatile developing skill package where he finished from all levels, scored in transition, finished around the basket with both hands, and showed continued improvement with his back to the basket game.  Add to the mix solid athleticism to go with his physical tools and Conditt is a potential versatile matchup problem at the next level anywhere he goes and he has plenty of options.

Illinois, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Iowa State, Washington, Colorado, Georgia Tech, New Mexico, Arizona State, Houston, Saint Louis, Tulane, UTEP, VCU, Western Kentucky, Evansville, Ball State, Miami (OH), Northern Arizona, Stetson, Western Illinois, Chicago State, Georgia State, etc. are just a few of the programs that have offered Conditt with Virginia Tech and Maryland being the most recent to jump into the mix.  Conditt’s best basketball lies in front of him and given his physical tools, improving and versatile skill set, and his exceptionally high ceiling long term the future looks bright for the soaring Illinois standout who has firmly positioned himself as one of the most coveted bigs left on the board in the 2018 class regionally and nationally.

Conditt played with the Team RWA program during the grassroots travel season.

I don't think it's in relation to IU. Sounds like it could be a new change in regards to how it works or they're changing the OAD rule.