Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

This is where I'm at. I think he'll include us until the end, but mostly as a courtesy to our staff and being from Indiana. He's going to Duke or UL like everyone else thinks.

Yeah we need coach K retiring and sanctions to give us a real shot

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's a lot of traveling on the young man's own dime!  Wonder what shoes he's wearing and how the makers of those shoes are getting him to all those places ;)

I know it's rhetorical. But Jordan Brand. :)

In the category of It's Never Too Early.

Scout.com reports '21 Curt Hopf has an unofficial IU visit coming up this month.  He was selected as an all-star at the Crossroads Elite Invitational this past weekend.  He's 6'6" and plays for Indiana Elite.  

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the category of It's Never Too Early.

Scout.com reports '21 Curt Hopf has an unofficial IU visit coming up this month.  He was selected as an all-star at the Crossroads Elite Invitational this past weekend.  He's 6'6" and plays for Indiana Elite.  

Forest Park?

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm guessing it's a part of the Southeast Dubois County School Corp. in southern Indiana.

Ok. I know a Clint Hopf played there a few years back. I think he might have gone to Butler, but I'm not sure.

Can't get a lot of detail because it's behind the pay wall but looks like 4-star '18 Trey Jemison a 6'8" PF from Homewood HS in Birmingham, AL is on the IU radar.
Scout

I'm teasing but........

Is this the classic Crean move of moving on to secondary targets when not confident about primary targets or....... Is this guy legit?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm teasing but........

Is this the classic Crean move of moving on to secondary targets when not confident about primary targets or....... Is this guy legit?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

FWIW, I can't find any AAU stats on him.  Supposedly he is a member of the Alabama Challenge team on the Nike circuit but no such team seems to exist this year.  In his defense, he does have a 4-star rating from 247 so he's no rum dumb.

4 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Forest Park?

Haha that's where I played at. Knew there was another Hopf kid coming up the line but never thought he would be D1 material

If you're anywhere close to New Albany, a chance to see several IU targets in action tonight.

The Indiana Junior All-Stars will scrimmage the senior team at New Albany this evening, with the girls game scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. ET, and the boys game to follow after.

Three Indiana recruits - McCutcheon point guard Rob Phinisee, Indianapolis Tindley guard Eric Hunter and South Bend Riley guard Damezi Anderson - make up the core team that plays at New Albany on Tuesday night, as well as on June 8 at Plainfield.

Bloomington North forward Musa Jallow was selected to the south team, so he could also play at New Albany, but he won't travel to Plainfield.

New Albany five-star guard Romeo Langford was chosen to the core team, but he won't play at New Albany on Tuesday night, as he's in Europe for an adidas event through June 12.

Tickets are available for $6.

Capsule player summaries at:  https://indiana.rivals.com/news/indiana-targets-expected-to-play-at-new-albany-on-tuesday-night