Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

18 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Is coached by AJ Moye, right?

You were right did a little more checking and here is an article about AJ working with another player on that team who is 6' 11. Quite an imposing front line for a high school team Battin at 6' 10 and this guy too.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2017/02/13/ezekiel-richards-growing-into-his-role-oak-park/97650194/

I think this goes hand in hand with the lack of bball IQ we see in our team.  The quote is from Kevin Garnett from an interview with Kevin McHale on NBA TV and the AAU mentality he sees in young NBA players.  "AAU has killed our league seriously, I hate to even say this, but it's real.  From the perspective that these kids are not being taught anything."

I think this goes hand in hand with the lack of bball IQ we see in our team.  The quote is from Kevin Garnett from an interview with Kevin McHale on NBA TV and the AAU mentality he sees in young NBA players.  "AAU has killed our league seriously, I hate to even say this, but it's real.  From the perspective that these kids are not being taught anything."

Had my nephew out last night teaching him the basics of passing. He wanted to show off his "handles" because that's what he sees the Curry's, Irving's, and Westbrook doing. I didn't let him dribble the ball until we ran through a handful of passing drills.

AAU and Sportscenter has had a major impact on the game. The other thing I notice is players running the clock and then jacking a contested three when it's tied or down 1. Move the ball to move the defense and then attack the rim. I guess it's so much cooler to nail a three at the buzzer though.

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And he's exactly right. Not only for what he said, but also because it wears these kids' bodies down by the time they get to college, not to mention if they make it to the NBA. AAU is a terrible thing.

Aaron Henry '18 - Ben Davis HS.  This kid was getting looks from us; don't know if CAM will have any interest or not.

American Family Insurance ALL-USA Indy Area Boys Basketball Super Team.  First Team.

The 6-5 Henry led Ben Davis to its first state championship since 1996. The Giants caught fire in mid-January and didn’t stop, winning 14 consecutive games and capped its Class 4A title with a 58-55 win over Fort Wayne North Side. Henry averaged a team-leading 14.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists as a junior. He shot 42 percent from the 3-point line.

Aaron Henry '18 - Ben Davis HS.  This kid was getting looks from us; don't know if CAM will have any interest or not.

American Family Insurance ALL-USA Indy Area Boys Basketball Super Team.  First Team.

The 6-5 Henry led Ben Davis to its first state championship since 1996. The Giants caught fire in mid-January and didn’t stop, winning 14 consecutive games and capped its Class 4A title with a 58-55 win over Fort Wayne North Side. Henry averaged a team-leading 14.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists as a junior. He shot 42 percent from the 3-point line.

I watched him all year. He has gotten better from the start of the year. He made a big jump from sophomore to junior year. I know ISU has tracked him heavily. Every game I was at Lansing was there as well. It wouldn't hurt to track him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Never Daunted said:

Didn't know where to put this but can someone tell me how it is that Missouri is getting all these 5 stars to commit/visit? Like what? Kevin Knox has a visit set up for them

You hire Michael Porter Sr. to get Michael Porter Jr...Elite players entertain the idea of playing with other elite players

You hire Michael Porter Sr. to get Michael Porter Jr...Elite players entertain the idea of playing with other elite players

Ask for an answer, get an answer! Didn't realize they hired Michael porter sr.

Well that's annoying.

I'm excited to see that first big time recruiting class Archie puts together. Hopefully with the 2018 class. Let's hire their dads!

I would love to see this coaching staff assembled and start hearing more about what players they are gonna go after for 2018 and 2019. It will be interesting to see if he starts going after blue chippers right away. I don't think he has ever landed a top 100 player so this is all uncharted territory for him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I would love to see this coaching staff assembled and start hearing more about what players they are gonna go after for 2018 and 2019. It will be interesting to see if he starts going after blue chippers right away. I don't think he has ever landed a top 100 player so this is all uncharted territory for him

You will. Just wait about 3 weeks for the April recruiting period. CAM has reached out to '18 SG Eric Hunter already and a few of his Dayton targets.

From the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel 

The 2016-2017 Associated Press All-State basketball teams were named Sunday with North Side boys and Homestead girls leading the way locally. Both programs were the only one to each put two players in the top 15 vote getters of their gender. Jaylen Butz and Keion Brooks Jr. were named to the first and second team for boys, while Karissa McLaughlin and Madisen Parker were named to the first and third team for girls.

Butz, who helped lead the Legends to the Class 4A state title game, was one of five players named to the All-State first team as voted by media from around the state. Joining Butz on the first team was top vote getter Romeo Langford of New Albany, Jack Nunge of Castle, Kris Wilkes of North Central and Robert Phinisee of McCutcheon.

Two local players made the second team in Snider senior Malik Williams and Brooks Jr., who was the only non-upperclassman to place on a first, second or third team of either gender. Aaron Henry, who led Ben Davis by North Side in the state title game, Zach Gunn of Hamilton Southeastern and Cooper Neese of Cloverdale made up the boys second team. Kyle Mangas of Warsaw was named to the third team.

Full article includes girls honorees.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/20170402/butz_mclaughlin_headline_associated_press_all-state_basketball_teams&profile=1183

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Antetokounmpo was top 100 

Other than Romeo does it seem like we are going through kind of a year or 2 down period as far as instate talent? Doesnt seem to be a lot of big names right now or is it just me?

Brooks will be a junior next year and he will be a 5 star I asked snow about this and he agrees with your assessment. Top heavy with Brooks and if u want to count Campbell from la luimere

Shouse from Lawrence north has a chance but 2019 is definitely top heavy with Brooks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Other than Romeo does it seem like we are going through kind of a year or 2 down period as far as instate talent? Doesnt seem to be a lot of big names right now or is it just me?

There are 4 Indiana kids in the top 50 in '17, we just didn't get any. If you mean '18 & '19 I don't know.

Here's some in-state names. These rankings are from last September and I didn't include Tyger Campbell.

#35 Keion Brooks - thread
#45 Amari Sherrod
#75 Dexter Shouse Jr.
#98 Sydney Curry - thread

#18 Mabor Majak
#42 Julian Hunter
#51 Mike Saunders Jr.
#55 Hunter Jackson - thread
#72 Trey Galloway
#96 Jeremy Baker