Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

I'm ready for 2016 IU Football

11 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Another rb? Unless he's really good it seems like LB would be a better chance for him to get on the field.

I don't know, with Oliver, Scales and Simmons being proven at ILB (take proven as you will) Newton was already at a disadvantage coming from the old SAM backer position to Mike or the new "Stinger" position. Plus, I think the coaches see Oliver and Scales as the best 2 guys at LB by a decent margin and will want them on the field as much as possible.

Finding a niche as the "big back" while Patrick is rehabbing the knee could very well get him on the field more than LB. CKW has shown even with a stud back like Coleman or Howard, he still prefers to get up to 3 backs in the game (mostly because of how many snaps our offense plays, it would be insane to ask 1 or even 2 guys to carry that load all season. Without Patrick and not counting Natee, all our backs are in the 205 range.

It is odd though, on it's face, for a guy to switch positions this late in the game. Wilson is big on guys being at their best when they are happy with where they are though.

Either way he is likely a guy that contributes on every special team and can probably slide easily back to LB if need be.

I just hope Lagow can get the ball out to one of the top WR/TE groups in the B1G. Simmie Cobbs is going to be a beast. Running game should be fine. I personally don't like Devine Redding but I feel spoiled after Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, X-Hoosier said:

I just hope Lagow can get the ball out to one of the top WR/TE groups in the B1G. Simmie Cobbs is going to be a beast. Running game should be fine. I personally don't like Devine Redding but I feel spoiled after Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard.

Simmie will be great if he can catch the ball. 

I think Tegray Scales will have a big year. Would like to see someone in over Simmons. He's like the Trent Richardson of defense.

FWIW. Depth chart was released in Chicago and Simmons was #2 at a LB spot or whatever the hybrid name was.

FWIW. Depth chart was released in Chicago and Simmons was #2 at a LB spot or whatever the hybrid name was.

What do they call that? Gunner or something idk. But I think we have much better talent than Simmons. And the only reason Simmons is playing us because he is older.