Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Gardening Thread

34 minutes ago, ray said:

Very cool thread.  I had no idea there was a thread for this.  I own a small licensed nursery I run on the side.  I'm glad to see fellow gardeners on here, and I will enjoy checking in occasionally.  My nursery specializes in permaculture (a lot of perennial edibles and "functional plants"), but I also sell and grow a vast assortment of ornamental plants as well.  I'm down for a thread like this.

You got gooseberry bushes?

20 hours ago, Rico said:

You got gooseberry bushes?

I do.  I have a lot of berry bushes...Nanking cherry, goji, cranberry, gooseberry, aronia, mulberry, 7 varieties of grapes, 14 varieties of blueberries, several varieties of raspberries, blackberries, elderberries, Juneberries (saskatoon), honeyberries, strawberries, hardy kiwi, and others.

I do.  I have a lot of berry bushes...Nanking cherry, goji, cranberry, gooseberry, aronia, mulberry, 7 varieties of grapes, 14 varieties of blueberries, several varieties of raspberries, blackberries, elderberries, Juneberries (saskatoon), honeyberries, strawberries, hardy kiwi, and others.

What’s the name of your business? Do you have a website?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The nursery's name is Indiana Permaculture Nursery.  I have been selling primarily on Facebook Marketplace, but I am not currently selling due to covid.  It is not my full-time job (although, it often feels like it), so I am just concentrating on landscaping my own property and propagating this year.  I will be selling again next spring. 

I hope to one day create a website, but I have been successful using free advertising and selling through word-of-mouth thus far.  I will alert you if I create a website this winter.  I always plan to build a site over the winter (slower months), but I end up sort of putting the nursery to rest in late fall after a long season and forget about it.  It is a goal again this winter.  I don't always reach my goals.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:12 PM, Josh said:

Welcome to the yard Valencia Orange Tree!  Property sizes are considerably smaller down here, but now I have oranges, pineapples, lemons, and bananas growing in my yard

20230522_200841.jpg

Respectfully, any snake/s around?