Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUsafety

Cutting the Cord

10 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Also curious. What are current prices for YoutubeTv?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They jacked up rates to $75 I think. They've had a few price spikes which is kind of ridiculous considering they were around $50 when I first joined and have added a few channels although nothing that justifies the increases. Also, I think they got rid of Fox Sports regional so I may switch in the spring when hockey/baseball is back on. For now, it really isn't a loss. 

The good is the sports stations. You get pretty much eerything outside of fox sports regional. That includes MLB network, NFL network and you have the ability to add Redzone for $10 a month which is pretty sweet if you're a big NFL fan. 

They jacked up rates to $75 I think. They've had a few price spikes which is kind of ridiculous considering they were around $50 when I first joined and have added a few channels although nothing that justifies the increases. Also, I think they got rid of Fox Sports regional so I may switch in the spring when hockey/baseball is back on. For now, it really isn't a loss. 
The good is the sports stations. You get pretty much eerything outside of fox sports regional. That includes MLB network, NFL network and you have the ability to add Redzone for $10 a month which is pretty sweet if you're a big NFL fan. 

Oh wow, that’s a pretty big increase that I didn’t hear about. I’m not surprised though with streaming services going up because they’ve gained so much popularity recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Oh wow, that’s a pretty big increase that I didn’t hear about. I’m not surprised though with streaming services going up because they’ve gained so much popularity recently.

Agreed.  The lower prices pulled people in.  But let's face it.  It's still half (if not more) than the cost of DirecTV. 

Anyone else have YouTube TV (owned by Google)?  We just lost all Disney Channels for the foreseeable future.  No local ABC affiliate.  No ESPN family.  No NatGeo.  No Disney Channels.  Not that I watched all of those.  Yes, the cost went down $15/month, but man, this stings.  It'll be interesting to see how many subscribers YTTV loses over this.

I had FUBO that had the channels we wanted (Hallmark for the wife, sports for me).

Then FUBO jacked their rates 7% without any notice, just charged my CC more all of a sudden. XL'd them in a heart beat and went to YTTV. YT recently added the Hallmark channels so wife is happy. Sports, and Fox Business are on their so I'm happy (almost).

No kids for us, so Disney is a non-issue.

57 minutes ago, DWB said:

I had FUBO that had the channels we wanted (Hallmark for the wife, sports for me).

Then FUBO jacked their rates 7% without any notice, just charged my CC more all of a sudden. XL'd them in a heart beat and went to YTTV. YT recently added the Hallmark channels so wife is happy. Sports, and Fox Business are on their so I'm happy (almost).

No kids for us, so Disney is a non-issue.

Disney includes all the ESPN channels and ABC. So unless you’re getting all of your sports outside of those channels, I think your sports access just took a decent hit.

Both sides are playing hardball on the renewal contract. I think Google (YT) has more clout and more subscribers than cable these days. It will get worked out. It's like the union guys going on strike. Eventually they work it out.

I have opinions on this but it wouldn’t be appreciated on this board.

Notice I remained as neutral as possible.
I'd like to know. Also just decide to try FuboTV. I'm guessing they too will soon be black balled by the network of fairytale princesses

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk