Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUsafety

Cutting the Cord

1 hour ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

That’s a good question. I have a firestick and it works fine. You have to download a couple extra apps to get them installed but no issues. Not sure about the Roku. Most of my knowledge from the IPTV just comes from Forums such as reddit and YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I will do some checking.

Edit:  I did check with IPTV.  It is not compatible with Roku at this time.

I will do some checking.
Edit:  I did check with IPTV.  It is not compatible with Roku at this time.

You can always switch to firestick, the new 4k ones have voice control searching so you can just say “open Netflix” or find “X movie”. Also has volume controls synced so you don’t need two different remotes to control channels and volume. It’s $40 or so.

1 hour ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

You can always switch to firestick, the new 4k ones have voice control searching so you can just say “open Netflix” or find “X movie”. Also has volume controls synced so you don’t need two different remotes to control channels and volume. It’s $40 or so.

Well I have a Roku TV and a Roku express...

Btn+ is

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea but if you have to pay extra for BTN+ I have BTN for free. Not a big deal I’ll just stream is from my laptop to my TV for tonight. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but if you have to pay extra for BTN+ I have BTN for free. Not a big deal I’ll just stream is from my laptop to my TV for tonight. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you already paid for your subscription to BTN+, you don't have to pay anymore. Just go to Roku, download the BTN+ app and sign in with your log on and password. Then you can watch it. I did it and it works fine.

EDIT- never mind. I had it in my head the game was on BTN+

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We’ll YouTubeTv is increasing price to $65. Thinking of getting rid of it but need another way to watch IU football and basketball. What’s my other options?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We started using Hulu w Live TV recently. It has all the channels for IUFB/IUBB at the moment. It’s slightly cheaper ( for now) and slightly less stable than YTTV so far. If Hulu raises prices (which I’m sure they will), I’d probably switch back to YTTV tbh. There may be others, but we’ve only used YTTV and Hulu for live TV options.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:22 AM, southsidehoosier said:

Well YouTubeTv is increasing price to $65. Thinking of getting rid of it but need another way to watch IU football and basketball. What’s my other options?

I was prepared to cancel too, but instead my cousin and I are splitting an account. You get up to six users, so we have 3 each at half the cost. I'm not a fan of Google/Youtube, but that is the best deal I can come up with. 

Also curious. What are current prices for YoutubeTv?

I think they are similar to Hulu Live, around $65. When I look I have to make sure I get BTN, decent sports channels, and Fox Sports Midwest (Go Stl Cardinals). Hard to find them all without paying a lot, which I understand.

I think they are similar to Hulu Live, around $65. When I look I have to make sure I get BTN, decent sports channels, and Fox Sports Midwest (Go Stl Cardinals). Hard to find them all without paying a lot, which I understand.

Oh thanks! That + Netflix seems like a reasonable price as my cable is north of $100 right now.

Oh thanks! That + Netflix seems like a reasonable price as my cable is north of $100 right now.

Same. If it wasn’t for sports we wouldn’t have a TV stream. We already have Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and my parents Netflix (🤷‍♂️), so we are pretty set. Plus, there are good free apps for movies and TV shows (just have to be careful what you download because of hackers).

We will probably stay with Hulu Live, just wish it had the MLB Network.