Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUsafety

Cutting the Cord

This is the route we are headed after the tourney is over. It'll save us nearly $100/month. 

If you switch to DirecTV Now, you can get a free Apple TV 4K streaming device. I might try it for three months just so I can get that.

https://www.directvnow.com/appletv

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

The ideal scenario is that a streaming service would let you pick your station. Honestly I would pay 20 bucks a month for just ESPN, USA and AMC. 

I don't want to spend 35 for those and 37 channels I won't use 

A true "pick your channels" system would be awesome. With the demise of the big cable systems, maybe we will move in that direction. The amount of money I am spending on Comcast is way more than the value I receive. Not to mention the constant jacking with the channel line up. Last year I received a notice telling me I was getting additional channels. Turned out to be duplicates of channels I already didn't watch in higher numbered channels. What was the point? In this case, competition has to be good.

Ok, so in the past 4 weeks, I have tried out Hulu, YouTube TV (kinda), and PlayStation Vue. By a country mile, the best experience came from the PlayStation Vue. I only ask that my service does 2 things...don't buffer during critical sports possessions and give me a usable guide for programming. Hulu Live is still in it's beta so some patience is required, but the app buffering and the hamfisting of advertising content into the adblocks were...frustrating. I would miss entire possession sequences due to the app buffering (it wasn't a network hard buffer). I highly recommend PS Vue. I've had no buffering issues at all, the guide is very informative, and the price is very competitive. Just my 2 cents.

15 minutes ago, gohoosiers97 said:

Yes, I have for over a year. In Bloomington area, but Indy is my ‘home area’ for YTTV. Love it. Recommend it to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I started 14 day trial tonight. I have spectrum still....but on YouTube tv they weren’t streaming the colts game.....is that typical? 

I started 14 day trial tonight. I have spectrum still....but on YouTube tv they weren’t streaming the colts game.....is that typical? 

Yeah, I think preseason NFL games are blacked out on streaming. All Colts preseason games were blacked out last year. Regular season games were on, as normal. I think this is some NFL Preseason/Streaming Rights issue, but haven’t looked into it that much. It seems to happen in other NFL markets too.

4 minutes ago, gohoosiers97 said:

Yeah, I think preseason NFL games are blacked out on streaming. All Colts preseason games were blacked out last year. Regular season games were on, as normal. I think this is some NFL Preseason/Streaming Rights issue, but haven’t looked into it that much. It seems to happen in other NFL markets too.

Ah okay! I’m not a big colts fan, big browns fan here. My gf and her friends are big colts fans and we typically host the parties. 

I've had YouTube tv for about fifteen months (Indy area) and have been mostly happy with it. I supplement it with an antenna and use it mostly for local channels to save internet usage. There also are occasionally network shows which are not available for streaming for some reason. For me, the savings have been significant.

2 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

Curious what youtube tv costs? Then add an internet provider cost.

$49.99. And I’ll probably keep my spectrum internet, ik xfinity sucks in Avon. My buddy has it. 

10 hours ago, lucel15 said:

I noticed that last night too. But you can always watch the preseason games on the Colts website. 

I'm right at $100 a month for internet and YouTube tv. Internet costs will vary depending on how much speed and gigabytes you need. I left comcast basic cable and AT&T internet for Xfinity internet and YouTube tv and saved about $80 a month. It's not perfect but I have the channels I want the most and I'm saving money.

Any apps you guys like to use for tv channels ? I’m trying Pluto and it’s decent but I haven’t cut the cord yet because I’m scared of losing big ten network and espn. Anyone mirror phone to tv? Is it easy?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Any apps you guys like to use for tv channels ? I’m trying Pluto and it’s decent but I haven’t cut the cord yet because I’m scared of losing big ten network and espn. Anyone mirror phone to tv? Is it easy?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you have a smart tv. I have 70” Vizio smartcast. All you have to do is sync account with tv typically apps are downloaded to the tv. Then you don’t have to mirror from phone. Yes spectrum internet outside of any deals is like $70. I have one of the better bundle plans because I need good internet since I work from a home office.

Does anyone know if you can be logged in to the same BTN+ subscription on multiple devices at the same time?  Thinking about purchasing a subscription for a month and splitting it with friends to watch some of those early games.