Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

maxwell

IU's Tom Crean Charms His Audience

Link to Story by The Elkhart Truth

“(Wife) Joani filmed it,” Crean beamed proudly, “but she dropped her phone before the thing cleared the fence because she got so excited.”  - Quote from Tom Crean regarding missing Riley's first over the fence homerun.

lol-x3 Not because of the misfortune of dropping the phone, but because of the joy in Tom's face as he tells the story.  I like how he answered the question in regards to his biggest weakness as well.

More from Anthony Anderson of The Elkhart Truth

“Collin will get the cast off (his right wrist) soon, but the way he’s shooting it with the left hand, I’m not sure we’re in any rush with that,” Crean said only partially in jest, adding that Hartman is shooting over 50 percent on left-handed 3-pointers during workouts. Morgan is returning from a shoulder injury that caused off-and-on issues last season.  “I’ve had kids cleared that don’t want to play, but Juwan always couldn’t wait to get back in,” Crean said. “That’s a tough young man, and people haven’t even begun to see what he’s capable of yet.”

Regarding others on the roster, center Thomas Bryant and forward OG Anunoby, a pair of sophomores-to-be, garner the most excitement among pro scouts.Crean doesn’t disagree. “When he leaves, he’s going to leave for a very long and illustrious NBA career,” Crean projected of Bryant, “and I give him a lot of credit for understanding at age 18 that he could’ve (declared for the draft this year), but that he’s got a lot room for improvements. He’s having a great time. He knows he’s getting better and he knows he’s got a chance to be one of the best players in the country.”

Said Crean of Anunoby, “Enjoy him. I’m not sure we’re going to have him a real long time,” either.

Nice comments on Josh Newkirk.  Interesting statement on MSB.

Great read. Those comments on Priller are very interesting. He didn't mince words there.

I love how confident Crean is about players going to the NBA. He's right though in a way. The difference between making it and not is pretty slim. Lots of talented players out there.