Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

7 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I think he goes and he has the tools to improve his stock dramatically in the draft tryouts. I look for him to move up and eventually sneak into the last of the first round. I think he's not ready, but he is right to be concerned about going into the draft as a senior. Usually if you have what it takes you go before your senior year. He would definitely improve if he stayed, but GM'S typically take off of potential. He has tons of it!

Maybe late first round to a team that doesn't have an immediate need and a GM for a team that already has a pretty solid roster and willing to take a flyer that Troy can develop into a legitimate NBA player.  

16 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

By mid season high basketball IQ guys like Juwan and OG will have us all saying Troy who? 

Interesting.  I've recently thought about the frosh -> soph jump those guys will have in skill development over the summer.  One or both could take over Troy's role of starting from the top of the key and driving to the rim to finish or dish if Troy should opt for the NBA or a paycheck across the pond.  Coach Tom Crean and the staff have put us in good position with prospective players for Troy and other situations should they come up.  A guy that I haven't heard mention of lately is Emmitt Holt.  I like the fact that we have outstanding talent and depth that will be battling each other for various roles and starting honors this team.  If Davis were to start along side Bryant, my personal preference would be to have Emmitt coming off the bench to replace Bryant at the five based on the options we as a fan base have been exposed to.  I'm sure there are multiple options, relationships, and conversations we are blind to.

I apologize for going off topic with various player options.  I don't believe you can put a ceiling on what Troy can accomplish at NCAA or NBA level next year.  I believe he is constantly in a progression of improvement skill wise.  Agreed he has made some of the same mistakes he has in the past, but I think the majority of the time he has more awareness and in some cases slowed down when in the past his emotions have increased his intensity to the point where he is out of control.  I would love to see him back, but I really want his decision to be great for his long term development and to be win for the organization he plays for next year.  I'm thankful for what he has brought to iubb. I hope Troy stays locked into the development mode!

Interesting.  I've recently thought about the frosh -> soph jump those guys will have in skill development over the summer.  One or both could take over Troy's role of starting from the top of the key and driving to the rim to finish or dish if Troy should opt for the NBA or a paycheck across the pond.  Coach Tom Crean and the staff have put us in good position with prospective players for Troy and other situations should they come up.  A guy that I haven't heard mention of lately is Emmitt Holt.  I like the fact that we have outstanding talent and depth that will be battling each other for various roles and starting honors this team.  If Davis were to start along side Bryant, my personal preference would be to have Emmitt coming off the bench to replace Bryant at the five based on the options we as a fan base have been exposed to.  I'm sure there are multiple options, relationships, and conversations we are blind to.

I apologize for going off topic with various player options.  I don't believe you can put a ceiling on what Troy can accomplish at NCAA or NBA level next year.  I believe he is constantly in a progression of improvement skill wise.  Agreed he has made some of the same mistakes he has in the past, but I think the majority of the time he has more awareness and in some cases slowed down when in the past his emotions have increased his intensity to the point where he is out of control.  I would love to see him back, but I really want his decision to be great for his long term development and to be win for the organization he plays for next year.  I'm thankful for what he has brought to iubb. I hope Troy stays locked into the development mode!

You know that emmit holt isn't on the team anymore, right?

41 minutes ago, NRT137 said:

You know that emmit holt isn't on the team anymore, right?

Just saying if the guy was given a second chance, I would not be opposed to it.  

How very Troy Williams...one foot in Heaven, one foot in the world, knock-knock-knocking on Heaven's door (apologies to Clapton). Preachers tell us people like that don't make Heaven. My advice, Troy, is to spend some time on your knees asking for guidance, put both feet on the same step, and give it your all or come back and become the second coming of Victor Oladipo you were supposed to be last year. Then Heaven will knock on your door.

How very Troy Williams...one foot in Heaven, one foot in the world, knock-knock-knocking on Heaven's door (apologies to Clapton). Preachers tell us people like that don't make Heaven. My advice, Troy, is to spend some time on your knees asking for guidance, put both feet on the same step, and give it your all or come back and become the second coming of Victor Oladipo you were supposed to be last year. Then Heaven will knock on your door.

What's this supposed to mean?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the kid can keep his head on straight, and focus on his own development, plus end up on a team with veteran players who can help show him the way, Troy could be an extremely talented 6-man in a few years. It's really hard to imagine him ever being a starter in the NBA, but I'd love to have him on my bench to provide a spark. Kid needs to enjoy his final few weeks at school, but better take advantage of the facilities and coaching staff while he has it if he wants to perform well at the combine. All the stories of partying don't bode well for his ability to impress scouts next month.

Every player has a different developmental curve. Just because he's made the same mistakes for years does not mean he will always make those mistakes. He's still a young player. When/if Troy blossoms, what a player he will be

Troy is not someone IU can easily replace.

He's a Junior making the same mistakes he did as a freshman. If he hasn't learned by now... he never will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app