Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

Harrison Niego Appreciation Thread

Transferring to Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, MI.  Hillsdale is a member of the Great Lakes Athletic Conference.  Somewhat surprised he didn't transfer to another D1 school, but with this transfer he won't have to sit out a year.      http://www.hillsdalechargers.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/roster

This is strange. Idk how being a walk-on at a program like Indiana is worse than playing for a D3 school. Heck, I'd say being a regular student at a school like IU would be better than playing at a D3 school. Best of luck to him though, maybe it's the situation he wanted. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is strange. Idk how being a walk-on at a program like Indiana is worse than playing for a D3 school. Heck, I'd say being a regular student at a school like IU would be better than playing at a D3 school. Best of luck to him though, maybe it's the situation he wanted. 

They're D2. 

You just said it. Being a walk on... Playing... He will actually play. What player do you know who just wants to sit on the bench? He obviously wants to play basketball and not just watch. We're dealing with a basketball player not Priller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I wish we could praise Niego without tearing down another.

Maturity plays a major role... Niego was mature beyond his freshman status. He rarely got sped up, he knew his role as a facilitator, and he made the team better. I hope he found the place he can be happy playing a larger role.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

29 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

You just said it. Being a walk on... Playing... He will actually play. What player do you know who just wants to sit on the bench? He obviously wants to play basketball and not just watch. We're dealing with a basketball player not Priller.

To each their own man. I just expected him to head to another D1 school since he was leaving. He probably could've gotten a situation like this coming out of high school. As for Priller, not sure what your problem is with him. If you want to be mad at anyone then be mad at Coach Crean for offering him a scholarship. You can't hate on him for sticking around, he's living the dream. He's not going to find a better situation than the one he's in right now. 

You can't tear down what isn't built... To be a philosophizer real quick.

You're calling Priller out from behind a username sitting at your computer. The kid is working and trying to do something he loves. You shouldn't rip him for accomplishing something you could not.

To each their own man. I just expected him to head to another D1 school since he was leaving. He probably could've gotten a situation like this coming out of high school. As for Priller, not sure what your problem is with him. If you want to be mad at anyone then be mad at Coach Crean for offering him a scholarship. You can't hate on him for sticking around, he's living the dream. He's not going to find a better situation than the one he's in right now. 

I dont know how transfer rules work with walkons.. Would he have to sit out if he transferred to another D1 school?

You're calling Priller out from behind a username sitting at your computer. The kid is working and trying to do something he loves. You shouldn't rip him for accomplishing something you could not.

Just calling it how I see it. Priller is doing exactly what he should... Going to school for without worrying about playing time.

What do you get from ripping on the kid? There's a time, place, and way to state your opinion of Priller, it's called tact. You obviously lack it or couldn't care less if other posters respect you or your post. One day you'll mature to understand this. In the meantime I hope you feel better ripping on college kids.

What do you get from ripping on the kid? There's a time, place, and way to state your opinion of Priller, it's called tact. You obviously lack it or couldn't care less if other posters respect you or your post. One day you'll mature to understand this. In the meantime I hope you feel better ripping on college kids.

Yes.. How dare someone his age spit some facts!