Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2016) PG William McDowell-White to Fresno St

Can't believe we didn't recruit Fultz harder being from DeMatha!! You would think Vic could've been a reason alone to get us in. Anyways that is a long shot Romar is said to be interested, but Memphis sounds like they want a younger guy. I think this kid is the one I would choose given the chance, but Moore looks like a solid kid as well if we get involved he's asked for his release. I like McSwain, but these two point guards are better for the long term 

Even though it's a long shot, I can't get out of my head that Markelle Fultz could open up and we could have a chance at him. That would be HUGE, and our team would be so sick. I wish dreams would come true......

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Even though it's a long shot, I can't get out of my head that Markelle Fultz could open up and we could have a chance at him. That would be HUGE, and our team would be so sick. I wish dreams would come true......

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What makes you think he would decommit from Washington and commit to Indiana?

He didn't say its gonna happen. I did see even though its a long shot, which it is. If Fultz does open up every coach in the country will be calling him and U of L, UK, Zona were out there before he committed to UW. Its a long shot like he said, but if he does become open I don't see why we wouldn't at least have a shot. I'd say its more of a long shot Romar leaves then if he did we had a chance to get him. Maybe I believe in Crean too much, but I would be excited if he did open up just as well. McDowell-White seems like our safest bet. 

This would be a great get----but it makes me nervous that we could be losing someone else or one of the injured guards is not healing so well.  I did see that Niego is moving on----probably a good decision by him given our current guard depth and the fact we are still recruiting guards.  McDowell-White's handle is a little loose but he would have time to tighten that up. His skill level is obviously high. The notoriety of Yogi and his leaving-- and the returning nucleus has to make IU competitive.  And--I have to admit it would be nice to beat out MSU for a recruit for once!

8 hours ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

This would be a great get----but it makes me nervous that we could be losing someone else or one of the injured guards is not healing so well.  I did see that Niego is moving on----probably a good decision by him given our current guard depth and the fact we are still recruiting guards.  McDowell-White's handle is a little loose but he would have time to tighten that up. His skill level is obviously high. The notoriety of Yogi and his leaving-- and the returning nucleus has to make IU competitive.  And--I have to admit it would be nice to beat out MSU for a recruit for once!

Exactly.  Just how many scholarship guards do we need?

49 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

It's not the quantity but the quality

That I understand, but we don't have scholly room to play with when we know there are current offers out to other players that CTC is actively recruiting.  And, to still be recruiting a guard does it in any way imply we've already had second thoughts about an existing committed recruit?  Are the injuries Newkirk and JBJ are recovering from causing concern in regards to what they can contribute next season?  Are we losing a guard that hasn't become public knowledge?  Purely on paper with what we have coming back and our committed recruits, I just don't see the logic in going after yet another guard.   Just my 2 cents worth.

That I understand, but we don't have scholly room to play with when we know there are current offers out to other players that CTC is actively recruiting.  And, to still be recruiting a guard does it in any way imply we've already had second thoughts about an existing committed recruit?  Are the injuries Newkirk and JBJ are recovering from causing concern in regards to what they can contribute next season?  Are we losing a guard that hasn't become public knowledge?  Purely on paper with what we have coming back and our committed recruits, I just don't see the logic in going after yet another guard.   Just my 2 cents worth.

I hear you, but 3 of our best guards for next year have all had season ending injuries and none of our guards for next year are 6'5" 4/5 star point guards. Odds are at least one of the habitually injured guards will not be able to contribute. Will need another quality ball handler

If Troy goes, I'm all about getting this guy. Fantastic facilitator for all the scoring options next year. In my view it's for having the best possible team for next season, not worrying about 2017 recruiting scholarship.