Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AKHoosier

Coaching Rumors

Elephant in the room:

Anyone hearing anything on the Crean to Vanderbilt rumor?  I checked a Vandy board, and it seems they say there's mutual interest.  It's been floating out there for a day or so now.

It's premium information, but there's a 5 page thread on peegs regarding it, as well as the Vandy Rivals site.  Also, there's a thread on it on Kentucky's Rivals site too.  But the Vandy site is what caught my eye, as they say there's a nugget from a B1G source regarding mutual interest from a coach in the B1G.

Who knows, will probably amount to nothing by this time tomorrow.

Sorry AK, had to split this into it's own to keep that other thread as it was intended. Sorta messy w the mods trying to figure out how to use the new tools but not sure I could just move posts so I combined them. Hope that's cool.

Only missing post related was Stu asking for a link...think we're caught up now

Wonder if it has anything to do with the consultant Vandy hired to find a new coach. He is apparently the same guy we hired that brought Crean here.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/03/28/eddie-fogler-help-vanderbilt-find-new-coach/82338828/

I wondered the same. Eddie Fogler is the name, and Crean is his biggest placement to date.

If he leaves, then Godspeed to him. I wish him well and thank him for his service the past 8 years. 

The program is at a point where we can get a stellar coach. Stevens, Donovan, Bennett, and Marshall should be the first calls made. If Stevens says yes, then it's the only call needed. 

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Elephant in the room:

Anyone hearing anything on the Crean to Vanderbilt rumor?  I checked a Vandy board, and it seems they say there's mutual interest.  It's been floating out there for a day or so now.

It's premium information, but there's a 5 page thread on peegs regarding it, as well as the Vandy Rivals site.  Also, there's a thread on it on Kentucky's Rivals site too.  But the Vandy site is what caught my eye, as they say there's a nugget from a B1G source regarding mutual interest from a coach in the B1G.

Who knows, will probably amount to nothing by this time tomorrow.

Probably Ricky Pitino.

Him leaving would really hurt us. No good coaches currently available, a real solid team lined up for next year, and recruiting of the 2017 class sounds like it's improving.

Can't imagine why you would want to coach in the SEC though, other than money.

Money, warmer, and a lack of pressure from the fan base?

No one needs to get ahold of anything besides you. He passed on a rumor nothing more nothing less. Not everything is some big conspiracy by IU fans to get rid of Crean like you seem to think.

It's not that serious

I didn't mean that literally, more as a figure of speech. I respect that passing of information! 100%

Just personally find it laughably unrealistic to buy into that thought process

2 hours ago, Bittersince87 said:

Yeah there's no way. He's to attached to his players to make this type of lateral move.

Leaving Indiana for Vandrbilt is not a lateral move.  It;s a downgrade by a large margin, and there's no way any coach makes this move willingly.  Vanderbilt isn't much better than Northwestern; and you don't leave a top 10 job for a place like that.   Were you serious?

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Leaving Indiana for Vandrbilt is not a lateral move.  It;s a downgrade by a large margin, and there's no way any coach makes this move willingly.  Vanderbilt isn't much better than Northwestern; and you don't leave a top 10 job for a place like that.   Were you serious?

Agreed. That's why IF he leaves, I'd feel good about it. It means IU forced him out bc they have their guy. Which is what we all want anyway.