Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

IU Basketball: Who is leaving? Who is staying?

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I think Troy is definitely gone. He'll have his degree, and probably knows his minutes could go down next year because of the emergence of OG and addition of DeRon Davis.

If Troy does come back it will be interesting to see if Crean sticks with his senior good or bad. Gonna be plenty of options on the bench.

Gimme Troy back IMO. Top 5 preseason. Weapons everywhere. Class stability. We could have some good players on the bench and depth galore. That's how great teams role.

Agree. He maybe the most explosive scorer in the B1G.

6 hours ago, Treesh said:

He should come back. As hard as it is to say, we would be better with him back. Not sure how he's been here 4 years now and still struggles with most of the same things.

If he comes back, his shot, ball handling, court vision, and IQ needs to improve. Improve those things, then maybe we can get your name into the mock drafts. He improved over the past season, but there's a reason why everyone knows about good Troy vs bad Troy

I agree, he has things he needs to improve but he has been improving over the past few years. It's slow, but even through the last year he's getting better. He needs to drill basic fundamentals until they're so second nature he can move as fast as his vision of the court is. I think people have been working too hard on his more advanced movements and he needs to get the basics down first. Most of his problem is his body can't keep up with how fast he's thinking.

10 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Justin Jackson sounds like he will be reopening his recruitment. Nothing 100% yet but picked up new predictions in crystal ball. IU was involved at one point. Could be a good troy replacement.

From UNC??

On 4/4/2016 at 6:16 AM, KB0 said:

Expect Thomas Bryant to declare and hire an agent

The longer Troy waits, the more likely I think he's coming back.  I suspect the feedback he's been receiving has been underwhelming (i.e., he could be a 1st rounder if he has great workouts or he could go undrafted).  I think there's too much uncertainty at this point for him to go.  That said, he and his mom have had pro aspirations for several years now, so one never knows.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Taking advantage of the new rules is smart for a player like Troy. It'll be fun to see what his combine numbers are.

Might not get combine #'s. Have to be invited, from my understanding, so he might not be rated high enough for that. He might get no more than some verbal feedback. We'll see.

Edit: He apparently is allowed to work out for individual teams and interview with them, if any are interested enough.

I don't think so, because a degree and a 4th year don't go hand in hand.
I'd say it would be easier for him to be a transfer walk-on rather than a stay here walk-on

18 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Question: Since, TW is graduating....Can he still play as a walk on and they give the scholarship to someone else? That is...if he doesn't make the NBA.

Moot point.

No player (unless they are the coach's kid or independently wealthy) would accede to that option.