Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

IU Basketball: Who is leaving? Who is staying?

Starting to fear Troy and TB both leave. Part of me wants our players drafted because it will help the program in the long run. Crean just needs to stockpile the talent to be ready for it. DeRon Davis would alleviate the TB loss to a certain extent but we would be in for a lesser season sans TB. We would lack legitimate big men again. Then again, maybe a grad transfer could address it to a degree.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Starting to fear Troy and TB both leave. Part of me wants our players drafted because it will help the program in the long run. Crean just needs to stockpile the talent to be ready for it. DeRon Davis would alleviate the TB loss to a certain extent but we would be in for a lesser season sans TB. We would lack legitimate big men again. Then again, maybe a grad transfer could address it to a degree.

I don't know. Maybe. There's just something about Bryant and his relationship with these players and this coach that make me think he'll stay. Didn't feel that way about Vonleh for example. This one is different. Could be wrong though.

11 hours ago, IndyHutch said:

See this fits more into what I was being told. Now Boo could also be giving people the impression that Troy is  leaving, too. Let me just say that if a report came out 10 minutes from now with quotes from Troy or a press release from IU saying that he was testing the waters, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

With the new format though shouldn't Troy, OG & Bryant ALL go test the waters and see if they get invited to the camp?  Can't hurt them at all, but could get them invaluable experience..

With the new format though shouldn't Troy, OG & Bryant ALL go test the waters and see if they get invited to the camp?  Can't hurt them at all, but could get them invaluable experience..

Agree, every player who has a legit chance of playing in the league should declare. If it were me, I would go in with a mindset that I would need to be evaluated at X spot for me to leave. If that opportunity presents itself I would go. The free experience and feedback they get is invaluable to their dreams of playing basketball in the NBA.

Our incoming class and returning team would not do well next year if we lose both of them. We would look like the Post-Vonleh team.

Our incoming class and returning team would not do well next year if we lose both of them. We would look like the Post-Vonleh team.

I don't think it'd be nearly as bad. This team has heart and commitment. That team was full of bad apples.

Worst case scenario.

OG , Bryant, Troy leave this summer. I don't see any of that happening, but at the same time, Bryant and OG could be second round picks. Some of the names I'm seeing in the second round..lol

I laugh at the people who think Priller should just willingly give up his scholarship because he isn't going to be a professional basketball player.

If he wants to transfer away to a small school, NAII, D3, D2, then great for him. If the IU staff thinks he is a positive impact to the program and wants to honor their scholarship, great for him being able to stay. If he wants to stay around and be a student at IU, great as well.  But Priller, like most of us, plays basketball because he loves it. I love that not all of our players are trying to make a career out of basketball though. 

He must love practice. He must love the camaraderie. He must love IU basketball.

I, for one, am hopeful he stays.

I can't like this enough! I said I wouldn't say this again but I am. We offered this kid scholarship and he accepted! He's a Hoosier! Nobody is more engaged from the bench than him. I would be willing to bet his teammates love him. There are many ways to affect a team and a program besides points and rebounds. I really hope he is here another 2 years and can be a senior leader. #TeamPriller #GoHoosiers

9 hours ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

And the best advice they might get is if they aren't 1 of the 60 who get the official invite.

Does DraftExpress just assume Bryant isn't even testing the waters? Or why is he not on their mock draft?

Not quite sure. OG and Tommy are better than a majority of any of the second round names. That's just going off potential of course.

Qq: why does a priller need to be on scholarship? Why can't he stay and be a bench favorite as a walk on? There are several walk ons that practice just as hard and from what I hear, harder, and love IU basketball just as much, and they contribute in games whet priller does not, yet they pay their own way and priller does not. Doesn't seem fair to the walk ons that contribute on the floor

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Qq: why does a priller need to be on scholarship? Why can't he stay and be a bench favorite as a walk on? There are several walk ons that practice just as hard and from what I hear, harder, and love IU basketball just as much, and they contribute in games whet priller does not, yet they pay their own way and priller does not. Doesn't seem fair to the walk ons that contribute on the floor

It's not Priller's fault Crean gave him a scholarship. No way I would be giving that up and it's unfair to ask him to.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

I'm almost positive it's not even allowed. Maybe Hutch could comment but I don't think you can keep a player on and take away his scholarship. I thought I remembered that from when people were suggesting that Cody might pay his own way his Sophomore year to keep the scholarship numbers right.  I think rule tries to limit the possibility of alumni donating money to families, etc.