Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

IU Basketball: Who is leaving? Who is staying?

9 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

What happens if Priller does actually transfer..? Who will we cheer for to be the human victory cigar? Maybe Niego? That just doesn't feel right after him getting run during first half B1G games.

There will always be a new candidate to be a victory cigar.

53 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Article on TOS says Boo claims discussions haven't even been done yet about Troy and the NBA.

See this fits more into what I was being told. Now Boo could also be giving people the impression that Troy is  leaving, too. Let me just say that if a report came out 10 minutes from now with quotes from Troy or a press release from IU saying that he was testing the waters, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is the downside to recruiting highly ranked kids.  You have to expect they won't stay 4 years and make sure your recruiting pipeline stays full.  This is how pUKe, Duke, UNC, UK, stay among the top ranked teams year in and year out.  We brought in 3 really good freshman this past year and next year's freshmen class looks promising.  We need to keep this momentum rolling into the class of 2017.

There's no question about this one. Crean has gotten a lot of criticism over the years for over signing but this is exactly why sometimes you do. Otherwise when decisions are made, you're the one left standing out in the cold.

Talk that OG could consider leaving is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. Not saying it couldn't happen, but didn't this guy average less then 10 minutes per game this year? Yes, he improved and has the tools, but they are still very raw and truly unknown. Flashes of NBA talent in 3-minute sports will not be enough for an NBA team to pull the trigger. I would assume this kid also comes from a family that makes smart decisions and knowing the pro sport the way they do, understands it always there. However, funnier than OG moving on is the fact anyone would think Williams has what it takes. He and Crean may be the only two people that save us from OG going pro. Playing Williams at all ahead of OG was a head scratcher, especially late in the year. Thanks, Tom.

Just off potential alone , you have to at least consider him. But if you even look at some of the names in the mock draft, you would for sure take a risk by drafting OG over some guy like Jared U from Iowa.

24 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Prillar will never get any better, he could play another 5 years and still be the same, needs to go, make room !!

IU made a mistake by giving Priller a scholarship in the first place but now I believe they should have to honor it. If Priller wants to go and transfer somewhere else and play basketball, let him walk. But if he wants to stay at IU and he knows he will not play, you need to honor your commitment. Everyone has to live with the consequences of their decisions including IUBB.

Where's that post someone saying some kid on Purdue has a D1 heart but D14 skills.

Harsh, but the truth of big Priller. He should go to an NAIA school where he could start, possible win a championship.

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Difference is, Priller is getting D1 ass. The PU players aren't. D14 ass might be a step up.

I think he has a girlfriend, so unless he's cheating on her lol. But yes i get your point. 

However i will say there are some nice looking females at Purdue. Just a few, lets not getting carried away now.

I think he has a girlfriend, so unless he's cheating on her lol. But yes i get your point. 

However i will say there are some nice looking females at Purdue. Just a few, lets not getting carried away now.

All you have to do is flag down any of the cattle trucks.

12 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Yes there are.  I know a few very attractive girls that went/go there, granted one transferred out.  Not many mind you, but a few.

Where's that post someone saying some kid on Purdue has a D1 heart but D14 skills.

Harsh, but the truth of big Priller. He should go to an NAIA school where he could start, possible win a championship.